Best cooling for tbirb

G

What's the absolute best, aside from peltier cooling for a tbird sys. Water or orb's or what? whichever one, plz gimme me a brand name.

G

Well water cooling in my opinion is too bloody risky! i don't like the idea of having water goin thru my system... i've had a lot of success with agilent's articooler with thermal grease... also if u have money to burn u can get a vapochill case but it'll cost u alot... but a must for serious overclockers

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The best? Get a squirrel cage fan (the fans that are used in ventilation systems), hook up a couple bendable hoses to it. Make a shroud for your heatsink (or get a really good heatsink to use), then use the squirrel cage fan to cool your computer. I have a squirrel cage fan with 3 outputs, so one is going to my overclocking GF2 GTS, one is going to my CPU (the biggest one), and one is cooling down my hard drives.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As far as simple fan/heatsinks go, the GlobalWin FOP32-1 always seems to get the lowest temps for a reasonable amount of noise. At least this is what the reviews said. You can get ones that keep your temps lower but they are really loud.
And get the Arctic Silver

G

or was the thermaltake (in article) a super orb or chrome orb

G

I think it was a chrome orb, I have the superorb and it it's much bigger

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the taisol coolers are pretty good and quite also. the basic cek733092 does a good job on my t-bird 900@1000 and the cek734092 is better. the best taisol is the new cgk742092 and with a quiet fan it is barely behing the
fop-38 and is better than the fop-32

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the superorb IS good. it is one of the heatsink fan combo's recommended on asus' website. i've heard that it's a little difficult to get them though.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>