Best cooling setup for an air-cooled full tower case

avljustinh

Reputable
Oct 20, 2015
I ordered an Enthoo Luxe case along with a Noctua D15s to house and cool a gtx 980 and i7 6700k. The default configuration is a 200mm intake in the front with 140mm exhausts on the top and back. The stock setup seems ok to me, but I'm willing to spend a bit extra if a fan controller or more fans will significantly impact noise or temperature levels. Any input on what setup worked well for a similar build?

Solution
First and foremost I would just see what stock does for you. That's a good CPU cooler so your CPU should be fine and allow for some OC.

That's a big case so you should be able to create good airflow. If you have heating issues I would suggest a couple more 140's on top as exhaust and possibly switching to two 140's up front as opposed to one 200, this will create more static pressure which will be good for your GPU. Removing unused drive caddies and good cable management is also very important. As far as fans go I'd suggest the Noctua NF series since you have the whole Noctua theme going already and they are fantastic fans. If you want to save some money then Cougar Vortex are great and quiet fans.

But, just to be clear...

KidA39

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
First and foremost I would just see what stock does for you. That's a good CPU cooler so your CPU should be fine and allow for some OC.

That's a big case so you should be able to create good airflow. If you have heating issues I would suggest a couple more 140's on top as exhaust and possibly switching to two 140's up front as opposed to one 200, this will create more static pressure which will be good for your GPU. Removing unused drive caddies and good cable management is also very important. As far as fans go I'd suggest the Noctua NF series since you have the whole Noctua theme going already and they are fantastic fans. If you want to save some money then Cougar Vortex are great and quiet fans.

But, just to be clear, definitely see how stock goes before you spend the extra cash.

Solution