[SOLVED] Best cooling setups for NZXT H210i?

Apr 13, 2020
Recently transferred my components into an H210i, they are as follows;

1. Intel i7-9700k
  2. Asus ROG Z390-I Gaming Mini ITX
  3. G.Skill Trident 16gb @ 3000mhz
  4. Asus GTX 1070 8gb WINDFORCE
  5. Deepcool CAPTAIN 120 CPU cooler
  6. NZXT H210i Case
  7. Corsair CS750M PSU
  8. 250gb SSD
  9. 1.5 tb regular HD

I love the small form factor of the system coming from a larger ATX case but i'm having a hard time keeping the temps down. With the side panel closed, i'm seeing my CPU temps get into the 90's Celsius when i'm gaming. Wondering if i should ditch the smaller 120 Deepcool and go with a fan cooler and stick to all fans moving the heat? Its also apparent that i could need a fan powering hub because the motherboard has like no fan ports.

Solution
The h210i has a smart device (lol) that'll handle 3x outputs at 10w each. So your fans are covered.

120mm AIO is a little small for a 9700k, that cpu can top out around 200w under OC stress, or around 150w stock, well beyond the capacity of a 140w rated aio. The copper, or thicker rads like the Corsair H80i uses will handle it, but not the standard aluminium rads. If keeping liquid cooling, I'd suggest a decent 240mm, as the case has a mount for it.

Otherwise, start looking at larger capacity air coolers like the beQuiet TF, scythe Fuma 2 or Mugen 5 Rev b.

I'm moving from a fractal design R5 (huge mid atx hah!) to a ncase M1 with dual 240mm rads and custom loop, still trying to figure the logistics on that mini-beast, so totally get...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The h210i has a smart device (lol) that'll handle 3x outputs at 10w each. So your fans are covered.

120mm AIO is a little small for a 9700k, that cpu can top out around 200w under OC stress, or around 150w stock, well beyond the capacity of a 140w rated aio. The copper, or thicker rads like the Corsair H80i uses will handle it, but not the standard aluminium rads. If keeping liquid cooling, I'd suggest a decent 240mm, as the case has a mount for it.

Otherwise, start looking at larger capacity air coolers like the beQuiet TF, scythe Fuma 2 or Mugen 5 Rev b.

I'm moving from a fractal design R5 (huge mid atx hah!) to a ncase M1 with dual 240mm rads and custom loop, still trying to figure the logistics on that mini-beast, so totally get the allure of mITX.

Solution