[SOLVED] Best Cooling Solution for the Intel i9-9900ks (excluding custom loop)

Nov 19, 2019
It's all in the title. I need to find the best cooler for the 9900ks. I don't care if it's air, AIO, etc. Everything is fair game besides custom water cooling. Assume case specs are not an issue.

@bmockeg

You have a 9900k. OP has a 9900ks. Slightly different when you run turbo speeds as his are locked at max and yours will downclock. He's looking at around 50w ish over the 9900k outputs. That can make a difference with capacity.
True at a point. I’m oc to 5.0 all cores. Either way you are right that a 360mm offers the best cooling “potential”. To unleash that potential, you have to purchase different fans than the stock ones that come with it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Then go for the Asus Ryujin. Comes stock with Noctua 2000 ippc fans. Nothing to change that'd be any benefit over those fans.

The nzxt Aer aren't too shabby either. As are the new fans used on the ML series or the H Pro. Of course non rgb fans are somewhat better than their rgb/argb cousins, the motor housing is only so big and the control circuitry for the lighting takes up space, so something has to give somewhere.

Reactions: bmockeg
Then go for the Asus Ryujin. Comes stock with Noctua 2000 ippc fans. Nothing to change that'd be any benefit over those fans.

The nzxt Aer aren't too shabby either. As are the new fans used on the ML series or the H Pro. Of course non rgb fans are somewhat better than their rgb/argb cousins, the motor housing is only so big and the control circuitry for the lighting takes up space, so something has to give somewhere.
I’ve heard good things about the Asus 360. Those good fans would explain the higher cost.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah lol, those fans retail for $25.35 at cheapest, so that's $75 worth of fans from the jump, plus standard brand name markups, plus the OLED screen, which is not only configurable but personalizable with your own logo etc. It's definitely the Grand Poohbah of AIO's. And it's performance is a step up, slightly. Probably also due to the fans.

Reactions: throwawayaccnt