Question Best CPU AIO?

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
According to this benchmark the Corsair H110i GT is the best AIO for CPUs and even better than triple fan radiators?
How is it possible that a double fan AIO is better than a triple fan? I thought that the radiator is bigger it would also be better at cooling? Am I missing something here?
I am going to build a new PC and I really need to understand what the best AIO for me to buy is.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h150i_pro_review,12.html

According to this benchmark the Corsair H110i GT is the best AIO for CPUs and even better than triple fan radiators?
How is it possible that a double fan AIO is better than a triple fan? I thought that the radiator is bigger it would also be better at cooling? Am I missing something here?
I am going to build a new PC and I really need to understand what the best AIO for me to buy is.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h150i_pro_review,12.html
That was the best AIO cooler for the CPU tested.
It is nonproductive to get a bigger better cooler if you cannot take advantage of the extra cooling capacity.
Depending on CPU a triple fan radiator (360mm) will not offer any advantages over a good dual fan radiator (240mm).

You should post which CPU you are getting so we can offer the best available coolers for it.

Reactions: WildCard999

nyxanna

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks jojesa.
I will be getting the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor.
I urgently need to figure out what the best cooler is for this as I am currently deciding on a case and I need to know how many fans the case will need to have. I would prefer an AIO as it looks better but if there truly is a air cooler that is better than any AIO I would go with it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 2 quantifications with cpu coolers. Efficiency and capacity.

Efficiency works when comparing 'like' coolers, such as a H60 and hyper212, both 140w capacity. They happen to get identical temps, beaten by the Cryorig H7.

Capacity is totally different. At 140w, the hyper212 doesn't stand a chance of keeping a 250w capable cpu like the 9900k/s cool. That cpu requires a 280mm/360mm AIO or preferably full custom loop, if you want to push them. Left at stock, the 250w+ coolers like Noctua NH-D15, Cryorig R1 or 240mm AIO's will work. Barely.

So the best cooler is one with capacity to fit the output and efficiency to get better temps vs similar coolers. Your usage will determine size, your tastes will determine which brand.

Thanks jojesa.
I will be getting the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor.
I urgently need to figure out what the best cooler is for this as I am currently deciding on a case and I need to know how many fans the case will need to have. I would prefer an AIO as it looks better but if there truly is a air cooler that is better than any AIO I would go with it.

Either Corsair H115i Platinum (liquid) or Noctua NH-D15 (air)
If you don't care about looks but performance only then EVGA CLC 240

Reactions: LeighPing
I would look at a good 280 or 360mm AIO and me personally a 360mm AIO for the mighty 9900K. The Corsair H150i is very good with a great set of Mag Lev fans that both push air through the radiator well and keep the sound down.

Also Arctic have just launched there Freezer II AIO's at an absurdly low cost and I have just tried the 360mm one..could not pass it up as it was only £69 on Amazon for the 360mm version. On my overclocked 8700K at 4.9GHz it is doing a tremendous job with idles at 24 to 26 degrees C and at load it is definitely right up there with the best. It has a thicker than normal radiator compared to all other AIO's at 38mm (compared to 28mm or 30mm for all other AIO's) which I think might well be making a difference though make sure you have the space.....worth a look and it has no RGB which might be a downer for some and it has hardly any wiring to be seen.

Here is a review of the 280mm for Tom's..
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

Finally just make sure at a minimum you go 280mm and one from the majors like Corsair, NZXT, Cooler Master etc...