Best CPU aircooler for overclocking a 7700K CPU

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I've been looking for an air cooler best for overclocking my 7700K. I was wanting the evga clc 280 but as of recent there are out of stock and no ETA on when they will be available again.
So I have everything I need for my system except the cpu cooler so I seen this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181.html
However there are too many choices. I want something that looks good as well as a great cooler for overclocking and keeping temps low as possible. No other water cooler I want so air coolers only please. Any suggestions with a cost low as possible but again great product most important.

Solution
I own the Cryorig R1.
0MjP4Ci.jpg

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Right well my case the EVGA DG-87. So pretty good on space. I have 3 intake fans two exhaust and one top.
140mm intakes I think. I'd have to double check. I hear all good about noctua but those brown fans. lol. Do all these support 1151 sockets?

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Yes quieter the better. The noctua I might go with for quality as I see the scythe doesnt support 1151 sockets. If I want to keep my evga theme is evgas acx cpu air cooler good quality as well? Also looking at be quiet because of the black.

depending where you are as not available a lot of places as they are pretty new to coolers

but they go for anything but brown fans quite the opposite in fact

and their top cooler can actually compete with the noctua

have a look at coolers from reeven

they might just be a name to look out for if they can expand their market base

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I know the evga air cooler is not that new. The water coolers are. I would go for the noctua, it's just if something is just as good for less money I would do that. The reeven coolers look amazing. Loving that yellow and black and nickel heat pipes. Kinda want it more than any air cooler just for looks if it's good quality I'm locked in.
So really final question reeven cause they look better and say great performance or noctua and black fans for knowing it'll be good.
As for reeven i'm looking at these two:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA093NV0528&cm_re=reeven-_-9SIAA093NV0528-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA093NV0576&cm_re=reeven-_-9SIAA093NV0576-_-Product

i love the look of the reeven okeanos

and it gets really good reviews

for the noctua cant argue with its cooling performance obviously

though the price by the time you buy it then replace the brown fans with the black would swing me more in favour of the reeven

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Reeven I think as well price wise and reviewed performance and of course the good looking design. Thank you all for you're help. Hopefully this is a good buy I will report back with performance first hand. Should I buy the dual fan and heatsink or single 140mm?

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
See now making me rethink buys T.T Though $90 tag on the cryorig r1 ultimate. $10 difference I can do though. It does look good and match my current scheme. There is no returns and this is a one time buy. Is scythe not that good?