best cpu cooler for i5-2500

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
i found that my deepcool alta 7 is way too weak for my cpu and the temps goes to 98c which is horrific. I am a newbie in selecting coolers and i have a very low budget of rs 2000 max with thermal paste for cooler that will help me get max 60c. I live in India and the temps right now are bit high of 25-40c in summer so which makes the case worse. any links except theitwares are good for me as i had bad experience with them. well, i have seen some cool prices on respawn.in if you bros take a look then it would be really helpful. "

here are my pc details;-.
Processor:⇒ Intel Core i5-2500
RAM:⇒ Kingston FuryX 8gb DDR3 1866 Mhz
Cpu fan = Deepcool alta 7
Graphics card:⇒Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB GDDR5
Thermal paste = Arctic Silver Ceramique Link
PSU = antec vp500pc

Intel's stock cooler is adequate, if not quiet. Yours is a locked CPU so there's little point in aftermarket cooling. My suspicion is that your cooler either isn't mounted properly, or that your thermal paste application was incorrect. Before spending any money I'd recommend reseating it and/or playing with fan speed profiles.

Can you give a link to a list of coolers you have available? Many brands that exist in the US will not exist where you live, and this forum is very heavily North American.

A Be Quiet! Pure Rock won't have any problems. Any of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 line should provide more than sufficient cooling. The Pure Rock is better. The Cryorig H7 is another good budget option.

How is your case cooling? It doesn't matter how good the heatsink is if it is just recycling ever hotter air. If your room isn't air conditioned. I'd suggest at least dual 120mm case fans, perhaps more. One set as intake in the front and one as exhaust in the rear.

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013

You can see my previous thread. I have tried reapplying paste with more amount and also checked if its fit properly. I don't have the stock cooler as i lost it when my mobo had fried up and i had i3 when i bought the cooler.

well there are just few brands available here heavily priced on amazon in . But these sites are good to look at, Mdcomputers, respawn.in, theitdepot.com, flipkart.com, snapdeal,com and hardwire.in.

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013

cryorig h7! thats around rs 7000 which is around 110$. hyper 212 is good but i won't be able to afford thermal paste after all. i found hyper 212 at a cheap rate of around 1800 on respawn.in

My case cooling isn't a problem cause i have a 2 case fans working fine. I have even tested it by using a desk fan on the pc. still the results were same.

That's a horrible price for the Cryorig in your country. They cost about $30 here.

Anyways, the Hyper 212 includes decent Thermal paste. You don't have to buy anything else.

Utkarsh Mahajan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013

How are antec and arctic coolers.