Best CPU cooler max height 160mm

devil81

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi:

I'm looking to replace my stock cpu cooler with something better, to give you an idea of my current setup, my case is an Cic Vantage Gaming case(battered and bruised) (max CPU cooler size 160mm) and my motherboard is a ga970 gaming. Ideally I want a cooler that does not cover any of the ram slots (currently mix of low and high profile ram.)

I purchased a Artic Xtreme Rev 2 cooler but it was simply too tall and to be honest a pain to install.

I will be upgrading in the future to a new setup using a newer generation FX processor at least until the new M4 processor come down in price so something that is semi future proof would be great.

Thanks,

devil81

What about present CPU, which one is it and to which FX are you planing to upgrade to ? Beside the size, those are most important considerations.
This http://www.lc-power.com/produkte/cpu-kuehler/lc-cc-120/ is nice and not expensive cooler that would satisfy all AMD CPUs up to FX 8350 without much OC.

devil81

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014

Hi:

Thanks for the reply, my current cpu is the FX8320 and I was looking at the AMD FX 9590 or FX 9370 but according to research I've done they run extremely hot and can be tempramental if the right cooling solution isnt used, not too mention its power hungry. So ultimately probably an overclocked FX8370 would be the sensible choice.

Thanks,

devil81