Best CPU Cooler

Anti-UberForce

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys, Just wondering whats is the best CPU Cooler around and which should i get for my new system.

Not sure if to go water cooling along with Corsair H100/H100i or get a Noctua. Money isn't a problem so prepared to fork of for an expensive cooler.

Just seeing if i can find better quality ones i may have missed before spending money.

Thanks for any help given, need more information feel free to ask

Benchmarks a welcome =)

If you want better than those, you could consider building a custom watercooling loop. What case do you have (or plan to get)? If one of the choices you listed won't fit, that would make your decision easier. If neither will fit, perhaps I can help you find one that will.

Anti-UberForce

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Stuck between 4 cases at the moment. NZXT Phantom 820. HAF XM, HAF X and the Aerocool X-Predator Evil Blue

More looking towards the Phantom

If you will be bringing your PC to LAN parties, or moving it with any frequency, I recommend a closed loop cooler or custom loop. If you PC will rarely if ever be moved, either one will do.

The NZXT Kraken X60 and Silverston HE01 are also great watercoolers. the NDH14 is the High watermark for air coolers.

Personally, I think the scythe mugen I have on my machine will be the last air cooler of this size that I buy. When you're talking about coolers that weigh well over 1kg, I worry about the stress on the MB, even with the backplate.

Anti-UberForce

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Thanks for the Input i won't be going to LAN parties if i ever do i'll take my current system. How does the Kraken X60 & Silverston HE01 fair against H100/100i would you say?

Not wanting to play with a full water cooling loop yet.

Anti-UberForce

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013

Very nice cooling assuming that's a stock Kraken X60? performance will be better if i add fans in a push pull config