Best cpu for dedicated game servers?

Monro

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
So im planning on building my own dedicated server... It will probably be used as a private project for just me and my friends i also want to be able to upload backups of all of our computers currently 3. Any suggestions?
Also needs to be under 350$

Solution
heres what I found for dayz .. not much to run it but seeing you got the server clients running you should have all this info .. this is why I asked what do you really need to know ??

CPU: Modern Quad Core @ 2.0Ghz+ (CPU is the main bottleneck for an ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

-RAM: 8GB (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts)

-Storage: 50GB+ HDD - 500 IOPS minimum. SSD or 15k RPM SAS is recommended.

-Network: 100Mbps+ dedicated. Bandwidth cap must be at least 2TB or more.

-Slots: All servers must be running at 40+ slots, or 30+ in areas where bandwidth is expensive and where permitted. (Usually reserved for developing countries or remote regions)...
it don't take much just like the games look in the games server read me and see what game server requires the most and build a little above that and you should be fine

this is the minimum for my etqw server specs.. [don't take much]
HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.8 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2800+ processor (3GHz or higher for Windows Vista)
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
VIDEO CARD: 100% Windows compatible video card
SOUND CARD: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Monro

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

What about dayz and minecraft server hosting? i would like to have both of them running... And also maybe a website

thers a minecraft site that spell theres out and it seemed it required memory over cpu dayz I don't know all I know is the games I run you should find all the server info in the game file ... do the games come with a server client??

http://www.minecraftserverhosting.org/minimum-system-requirements-minecraft-servers/

Monro

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

I have a dayz server running on my pc and the minecraft servers are very easy to me been working with them for years

Monro

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

CAuse i dont want them on my main pc want my i own server

heres what I found for dayz .. not much to run it but seeing you got the server clients running you should have all this info .. this is why I asked what do you really need to know ??

CPU: Modern Quad Core @ 2.0Ghz+ (CPU is the main bottleneck for an ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

-RAM: 8GB (RAM isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts)

-Storage: 50GB+ HDD - 500 IOPS minimum. SSD or 15k RPM SAS is recommended.

-Network: 100Mbps+ dedicated. Bandwidth cap must be at least 2TB or more.

-Slots: All servers must be running at 40+ slots, or 30+ in areas where bandwidth is expensive and where permitted. (Usually reserved for developing countries or remote regions)

-Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2

Solution

Monro

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

Alright thanks