[SOLVED] Best CPU for Hackintosh?

Solution
As for audio editing using Logic Pro, I don't think it doesn't really matter, either INtel or AMd will be good at those works, but Heinzen has a good point, is less annoying to just get what apple use on the system target you would buy from them.

Linus has made a video, which at the end it shows the systems he would buy, if he must, for each kind of work segment:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-F0B0hG1M

Bu yeah, if Logic Pro is a must, the hackintosh is the cheapest way to get there, not every audio engineering can spend +U$7000 to have a decent system for work. Its insane.

Cheers!

ThilakRoX

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Can you elaborate a bit on what will be your main workload on it?

I assume youre going to work with it cause other way you will just buy a PC :)

Can you please go into more in depth. What are your other preferred specs? What is your budget. If you have experience, a intel build requires less effort but is more expensive and slower than a ryzen 7 (some i7's). With a R7 you will need more maintenance and effort to build one.

it is for music production, reason for hacintosh over mac is its too expensive,reason for hac over pc is for the logic pro software which is mac exclusive , the budget is $1000(₹70,000)

16gb ram and suitable budget video card for the production/rendering

Heinzen

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2012
The best CPU for any hackintosh is the same CPU of the source configuration. The reason for that is because every MacOS has hardware check and spoofing it leads to problems. Using similar/identical hardware is the easier way.

In my opinion, the best CPU for a hackintosh is the same CPU used in the original spec. If you need something different then please specify your need.

Last edited:
As for audio editing using Logic Pro, I don't think it doesn't really matter, either INtel or AMd will be good at those works, but Heinzen has a good point, is less annoying to just get what apple use on the system target you would buy from them.

Linus has made a video, which at the end it shows the systems he would buy, if he must, for each kind of work segment:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-F0B0hG1M

Bu yeah, if Logic Pro is a must, the hackintosh is the cheapest way to get there, not every audio engineering can spend +U$7000 to have a decent system for work. Its insane.

Cheers!

Solution
$1,000 for the Hackintosh, which may stop working if Apple really feels like getting around to it.
$200 for Logic which is probably partially subsidized by Hardware sales.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/best-mac-music-production-3446650/

Seems like it'd be smarter to go with the $1,299 or $1,799 option which you know will always work.

I've looked into it as well as I'm into music production as well but I'll stick with Windows and Cakewalk (which is free)/Reaper/Ableton Live as I want to make noise and not spend all my time chasing down problems or possibly losing the use of my Hackintosh.