Best CPU for multi GPU SLI

Daniel_490

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I'm looking to treat myself and build a high end gaming rig. From what I can find most people talk about the importance of the mother board when talking about 2-3 way sli (I'll either be putting in 2-3 1080 ti's or 2 titan Xp's) but what CPU should I go with I know intels 7700k is raved about for gaming on single GPUS but will it give me issues when using more then one ? Or should I go with more cores and higher lanes ?

Daniel_490

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

I want to be able to play 4K gaming on multiple screens I've saved up a crap top to finally be able to make myself a bit of a man cave LOL

Daniel_490

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

I'm probably going to by one large oled tv and use it as a monitor (65 inches) , or may wait for a larger model to go down in price .

Daniel_490

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

What would you recommend as far as future proofing goes? (I want a rig I can keep for a couple of years and only need to change GPU if need be) I know most games don't utilize more then 4 cores but do you think x99 chipset is worth it or should I just use 7700k and wait until they come out with something even better then what's currently available on the x99 ( I'm concerned with the fact they tend not to hold up to well when over clicking because of power consumption and how hot they get )