[SOLVED] Best CPU for R9 280X

Dec 27, 2018
Hi, I bought a R9 280X Sapphire Dual X 3GB OC Edition recently.

My specs are:
- GPU: above
- CPU: A8-7600 Quad-core 3'1GHz
- RAM: 2 x 4Gb RAM DDR3 1333 MHz
- PSU: Tacens Radix VI 850W
- Not SSD
- Motherboard: Just for AMD A-Series,
but it's ASUS A55BM/USB-3 (obvious I need to buy another one)

I want a PC which is able to run actual videogames at 60fps 1080p (not need Ultra).

Which CPU will you recommend me? One that no cause bottleneck. If you think I need to upgrade something more just say your opinion, it will be appreciated. But I only have enough budget for a new CPU and motherboard. Thank you.

Solution
You may need to purchase RAM for the MOBO as well on top of the CPU and MOBO. I would suggest the Ryzen series. Either the 2600, 2700x and you should be fine. From my experience, you may want to save some money up down the road and purchase another GPU since games these days suck up a lot of the VRAM and 3GB is kinda minimum these days. I have a R9 290X and the VRAM is sucked up a lot. I also think you may need new RAM with the newer CPU you purchase.

Ryzen series processors - Require Windows 10
Newer CPUs may need a compatible MOBO and newer style RAM.

Just some food for thought. :)

mtracy1991

Reputable
You may need to purchase RAM for the MOBO as well on top of the CPU and MOBO. I would suggest the Ryzen series. Either the 2600, 2700x and you should be fine. From my experience, you may want to save some money up down the road and purchase another GPU since games these days suck up a lot of the VRAM and 3GB is kinda minimum these days. I have a R9 290X and the VRAM is sucked up a lot. I also think you may need new RAM with the newer CPU you purchase.

Ryzen series processors - Require Windows 10
Newer CPUs may need a compatible MOBO and newer style RAM.

Just some food for thought. :)

Solution