[SOLVED] Best cpu for socket 1155?

May 29, 2020
My cpu i5-3340 is seriously letting me down. I would like to get a significant upgrade but I am not sure what to get. I'm not sure if this matters but my gpu is a 3gb 1060.

Solution
The fastest cpu available for the 1155 socket that's supported by your motherboard is the i7-3770k. And it can be overclocked so that can give you some more headroom. A 'bottleneck' is something you will almost always have as either the cpu or the gpu will be faster given a certain piece of software. I would max out what you can if you want to stay with this platform or consider a complete platform upgrade if you can afford it. Either way, you'll have a bottleneck, and that's nothing to worry about as long as the system does what you need.
May 29, 2020
Best CPU would be an i7 3770k, which is still very very dated.

Can you give your full system specs and your budget for an upgrade?
My full system specs are an Intel i5 3340, 16gb ddr3 ram, gtx 1060 3gb, 500w power supply (not sure of specifics) and the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV. I am relatively new to PCs so if you need anything else or if I have done something wrong please tell me.

May 29, 2020
My full system specs are an Intel i5 3340, 16gb ddr3 ram, gtx 1060 3gb, 500w power supply (not sure of specifics) and the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV. I am relatively new to PCs so if you need anything else or if I have done something wrong please tell me.
My budget is undecided but will probably be around 300.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2020
The title kind of says it all, I am planning on upgrading to a rtx 2060 6gb from my gtx 10603gb and was wondering which is the best CPU I could go for or at least one that wont bottleneck the rtx 2060 on the 1155 socket.

The fastest cpu available for the 1155 socket that's supported by your motherboard is the i7-3770k. And it can be overclocked so that can give you some more headroom. A 'bottleneck' is something you will almost always have as either the cpu or the gpu will be faster given a certain piece of software. I would max out what you can if you want to stay with this platform or consider a complete platform upgrade if you can afford it. Either way, you'll have a bottleneck, and that's nothing to worry about as long as the system does what you need.

Solution