[SOLVED] Best CPU/MB combo for under $155

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Current Build:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xc6gjy
Foreword: I am building my first computer so I am not the most knowledgeable on the subject.
I am looking for a good motherboard and CPU combination for under 155-160. What do you guys recommend?

P.S. I know that whatever CPU pick It's probably gonna bottleneck the GPU, but I got it for 40 dollars so it's worth it.

Solution
I have read that the T2 isn't a major upgrade over stock coolers, and the ones that come with ryzen usually do the job very well.
I recently bought a artic freezer 33 for 26 euros and it was a massive upgrade over my stock Intel cooler
Ps: also note that faster Ram benefits ryzen cpus. If you can fit in your budget, get the fastest ram you can, in dual channel mode ;)
Jan 3, 2019
The Ryzen is definitely not going to bottleneck the 950.
That is a pretty good combo for the price , and the only worthwhile upgrade would be to a ryzen 1600/2600 but they seem to be much more expensive. You also dont *need* that cooler but it's nice to have.
One last suggestion is to get dual channel RAM. You currently have 1 stick of 8gb , and if you dont plan on upgrading soon it would be better to get 2 sticks of 4 gigs

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017

This just shows how much I don't know what I'm doing :chaudar: Thanks for the advice!
edit: do you have a suggestion for a cpu cooler? I know its not necessary but i have a little extra to spend so might as well.

Jan 3, 2019
I have read that the T2 isn't a major upgrade over stock coolers, and the ones that come with ryzen usually do the job very well.
I recently bought a artic freezer 33 for 26 euros and it was a massive upgrade over my stock Intel cooler
Ps: also note that faster Ram benefits ryzen cpus. If you can fit in your budget, get the fastest ram you can, in dual channel mode ;)

Solution

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017

Thanks!