Best CPU/Motherboard Combo for 2016 under £400~$500 ???

uhFuz44

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
So basically I've been looking for a really good combo for CPU and motherboard from 2016 as I have been getting a lot of conflicting information. I've been told intel is bad for gaming and AMD is only good for this and that etc. I'm sure you'll understand where i'm coming from with this.
I currently have a GTX 960 4GB in case anyone asks.
I'm a heavy gamer and want to be able to spend a lot of time on my computer without having any problems. I do also plan to use an AIO Corsair H45 to keep it cooled and my cooling in general is pretty good so no worries on that end.
I have 4 sticks of RAM totalling 24GB so ideally needs to be able to support this..
I also currently use 6 USB ports with 2 being USB 3.0.

Please don't be too rough on me guys, first time asking this type of stuff on here.

I'd just like to note. I have never used Intel and my experience with both Intel and AMD isn't amazing so I'm not really sure what to be looking for therefore I have no particular preference to either chips.

All input is appreciated!
Thanks!

You have to define best. do you want the best bang for your buck? If so, we need to know why you want it and what you will be using it for? More people will say i7-6700K and some Z170 motherboard. However, if you don't care about power, then you can get one for $200.

uhFuz44

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

As explained in my description. I'll be using it for Battlefield 1 etc. and heavy gaming therefore I need the best bang for my buck for gaming. I'm not looking to cheap out either as I want the very best performance.

uhFuz44

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016

Quick question. Would this be an amazing option for what I have? I dont really care about overkill if it will give the very best performance at this point.