[SOLVED] Best CPU/Motherboard Combo

Solution
So I am looking to get
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.4 GHz Socket AM4 105W 100-100000059WOF Desktop Processor

However I am unsure of what motherboard would run well with this CPU.
Assuming you're not going to attempt overclocking, any B550 or X570 series AMD motherboard would be fine, once it's BIOS has been updated as needed. I'd only avoid the bottom-of-tier MSI boards.

Personally, I'd probably look for MSI's B550 Tomahawk or one of Asus' B550 Strix boards. I'd also only look at X570 if I had a clear and specific need for several PCIe gen4 sockets wired with 8-16 lanes. But if the price is right and you don't mind the chipset fan there's no reason not to go with one.

Otherwise: more specific recommends can come with...
So I am looking to get
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.4 GHz Socket AM4 105W 100-100000059WOF Desktop Processor

However I am unsure of what motherboard would run well with this CPU.
Assuming you're not going to attempt overclocking, any B550 or X570 series AMD motherboard would be fine, once it's BIOS has been updated as needed. I'd only avoid the bottom-of-tier MSI boards.

Personally, I'd probably look for MSI's B550 Tomahawk or one of Asus' B550 Strix boards. I'd also only look at X570 if I had a clear and specific need for several PCIe gen4 sockets wired with 8-16 lanes. But if the price is right and you don't mind the chipset fan there's no reason not to go with one.

Otherwise: more specific recommends can come with more specific list of requirements, especially if you do intend to overclock.

Last edited:
Solution