[SOLVED] Best CPU (performance/efficiency)?

Manixo

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new laptop, I've got my eyes on the Asus Zenbook 14 and Lenovo yoga slim 7.

But I can't decide which specifications to get. For me it's important to have performance yet a long lasting battery along with it.

These are the options:
  • i7-1165G7 (67 Wh battery, 400-nits display) not available yet but should be soon [Asus Zenbook 14]
  • Ryzen 7 4600U (60.7 Wh battery) [Lenovo Yoga Slim 7]

As far as I can find the performance is rather similar(?), but I don't know what their efficiency is like, some sites say the 1165G7 is more efficient than the 4600U and others say opposite. (1165G7 has a better iGPU so that's an advantage)
Anyone has experience with this, any idea what laptop will give me the best performance and battery life?

Solution
I believe the 2 will give you similar performance, and the yoga giving around 1-2 hours more battery life.
I believe the asus zenbook 14 is a better laptop overall though, with better build quality and such.

Manixo

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
I believe the 2 will give you similar performance, and the yoga giving around 1-2 hours more battery life.
I believe the asus zenbook 14 is a better laptop overall though, with better build quality and such.
1-2 hours more on a smaller battery, so AMD is still more efficient?

And yeah, agreed on the zenbook. Heard the Lenovo's have some small issues.