[SOLVED] best cpu upgrade for 1070ti?

Apr 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
I've been using my 1070ti paired with a Ryzen 5 1600 for a while now, I run at 1080p and 144hz. But I'm looking to upgrade my pc and was wondering of any good CPU upgrades? Which processor would get the most out of my gtx 1070ti for my 144hz monitor? (I'd preferably like to stick to AM4 socket) Thanks.

Solution
Certain factors notwithstanding, a 3600X would be the logical path for you to take. Any motherboard that can support a 1600 should be able to BIOS update for support of 3xxx. Check your motherboard website for compatibility.
I would also consider a RAM upgrade for faster speed based on the assumption that what you have now is sub 3000.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Certain factors notwithstanding, a 3600X would be the logical path for you to take. Any motherboard that can support a 1600 should be able to BIOS update for support of 3xxx. Check your motherboard website for compatibility.
I would also consider a RAM upgrade for faster speed based on the assumption that what you have now is sub 3000.

Solution
Apr 18, 2021
Okay, cheers.
I’ll check on compatibility. My ram is already at 3200Mhz :)

Reactions: punkncat
See what better CPUs are supported, i.e., 3600, 5600X, depending on your current mainboard...; a CPU upgrade alone might indeed give you a nice boost to min/average FPS at 1080P...

(Certainly, in today's GPU-pricing climate, I'd tentatively plan on sticking with my 1070Ti for the next year or so, barring feeling just fine with paying 200% of MSRP...or more!)

TRENDING THREADS