Blitz Blitz

Distinguished
May 18, 2015
Hi. My spec.:
I7-3770
Msi h77-g43
Crucial ballistix 2 × 8 gb cl9 1600 mhz
Ichill gtx 1060 6GB 9GBPS X3 V2

Im bit confused, cause I saw some tests, thats higher frequency ram runs better. So it's worth to invest to motherboard that supports higher frequency ram and ram like 2133, 2400 mhz etc.? Also wanna ask how long I will be good with that system, and when to upgrade? Maybe I should sell my set(cpu, mobo, ram) and upgrade to intel, ryzen? Sorry for english, and thanks.

Solution
DDR3 is not supported by newer CPUs and the motherboards they use, only DDR4. That being the case, don't invest in DDR3 memory with the hope of using in a new config.

Faster memory can help with overall system performance, but the benefits are marginal (compared to CPU and GPU overclocking) in a rig like yours. I wouldn't recommend changing your memory.

If you don't have your OS installed on a SSD, that would be the biggest boost in performance you could achieve with your current rig.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
DDR3 is not supported by newer CPUs and the motherboards they use, only DDR4. That being the case, don't invest in DDR3 memory with the hope of using in a new config.

Faster memory can help with overall system performance, but the benefits are marginal (compared to CPU and GPU overclocking) in a rig like yours. I wouldn't recommend changing your memory.

If you don't have your OS installed on a SSD, that would be the biggest boost in performance you could achieve with your current rig.

Solution

richardvday

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
DDR3 is EOL DDR4 is the current champ and they are already talking about DDR5
If your current system runs ok for you then sure you COULD buy some faster memory but intel doesn't really benefit that much from it.
My advice would be to save up for a newer Motherboard/CPU/Ram
Reuse the rest if its ok