Best dedicated GPU upgrade for esport games with the AMD A8 7600

Vin13

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
My little bro has a system with integrated graphics. He runs mainly league of legends, Evolve 2, Injustice, CS: GO and a bunch of other online games. I want to know what GPU I can give him so that he can play at 1080 with most of those games. I'm really low on cash but willing to squeeze some out of my savings if it can give him some decent fps at 1080.

Also, I have looked into crossfire with the integrated graphics but found out that it will only work with an r7 240 which is super low end. I want a dedicated gpu that wont be bottlenecked by the cpu.

Here's the system specs

CPU: AMD A8 7600 (4cpu core + 6 gpu core)
GPU: Integrated
MOBO: MSI A68H-V2
RAM: 2x4gb Kingston 1333mhz
STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE
PSU: some PSU with 600 watts.
Case: Xigmatek Ares Mid Tower

Thanks in advance!

Dec 20, 2018
For a CPU like that, an Nvidia 1030GT would fit.
You can't use any GTX models, since I'm quite sure it'll blow out your PSU. No-name Brand PSUs are known to explode when it reaches 50% load. Mine blew up when it said 700W, and I had 30% load.

the CPU: AMD A8-7600, isn't a gaming performance APU. Sure it says "4 CPU Core + 6 GPU Core", but the actual output is far weaker than you realize.

Considering your budget, check out ebay for used gpu. It'll help out with your limited budget. gtx 950 or 960 for like 60 dollars, or a gtx 970 for 90. R7-240 is way to outdated to use. I have it, but i can't even get a steady 60 fps in rocket league. eBay is your best bet.

FYI, becareful with cheap Power Supply Units. Even if they are marketed at 600w, their actual rating is much lower.

I'd recommend a 1050. It'll handle esports games at 1080p but at the same time it's not so powerful that you're spending money needlessly. The AMD RX 550 and GT 1030 DDR5 from Nvidia can handle those games but depending on the game he might have to turn down the settings a bit.

Something along the lines of a 750 Ti would be suitable if you were buying used.