Question Best desktop speakers?

Nov 20, 2018
Hey everyone!

I recently purchased the Logitech Z337 2.1 speakers and am planning on returning them as they are (in my opinion) horrible sounding speakers. That being said, i'm wondering what the best sounding desktop speakers are for music/movies. I always use my headset for gaming so i don't care for directional sound. I just want good bass and clear sound from speakers.

Budget: $120 CAD.

Thanks

For music, probably the best ones in your price range are the powered studio monitors, if you are looking for clear sound not thumpy bassey rap stuff.
I like pretty much any of those over Bose, Bose tend to be a but mushy and muddy to my ears, don't seem to have the dynamic range as other speakers.

MAudio, Edifier, Mackie are good to check out.

These have all sorts of connections, including optical for TV and some sound cards on computers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGG6MF...&pd_rd_r=ecb8484b-6c59-11e9-8bdd-799299fc1ec4

Keep in mind they will sound good but won't get as loud as some other speakers with more power or larger woofers.

May 11, 2019
I was using some logitech 2.1 speakers but moved on to two Studio monitors and a sub with a cheap denon receiver i found on craigslist for like $50 bucks. The Studio Monitors were $50 bucks each and the 10 inch sub was $120. amazing sound in my closet/office area.

Demeter12

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
I have the wired Companion 2 Bose speakers and anyone that has heard them is impressed by the quality of sound for computer speakers. I hear the black Bose speakers pictured above are great for the price with less bass. Thinking of getting them just to listen to Spotify from my tablet when I'm cooking. Also have the Bose Quiet Comort bluetooth headset for watching videos after others are sleeping. Love Bose for all things sound