Question Best Display for less than €250

horstp

Reputable
Jul 17, 2018
Many years ago (around 2010) I bought my first flat screen display, an LG Electronics W2286L. It gave me nothing but trouble for a while with blackouts, switching off when the displayed screen was too dark, etc. Then it worked well for a while until about 2 weeks ago it started to "weaken", i.e. it wouldn't be very bright when switched on. flickered at first and needed a minute or so to reach full brightness. Finally this morning, it won't come on anymore at all. The illuminated buttons try to run their routine, but cancel half way through and the display remains black.

So I assume my old display has run its course and I'm looking for a new one. Somehow I have always found displays to be the hardest to buy, because they're not as easy to qualify by 2 or 3 metrics. That is why I am asking for your suggestions. What, in your opinion, is the best display I can get for less than 250 Euros? I use this PC for everything, work, gaming, watching YouTube/Netflix. But I don't usually play FPS or such, mostly old games so I am not that fussed about refresh rates or thatever. Basically I want a good clear picture. My GPU is a GTX 1060 6GB.

I hope I have provided all necessary information and I'm looking forward to your suggestions!