Best Display for the GTX 1070

The11rednazo

Commendable
May 3, 2016
I am looking to get a better screen to use with my GTX 1070, however, I dont want to buy into the G-sync that nivida has sense the price for a 1080p monitor with that vs a 1440p 165hz monitor with Free-sync is comparable. I am wanting to use free sync, however I want to avoid screen tearing, what is good monitor for the dollar that displays more then 60hz, how do I elimate the screen tearing with said monitor (I.E. like a frame cap.) and would be better to see about investing into a AMD Gpu like vega or say yolo and get the gsync monitor.

The current pc that I have has a GTX 1070, an I7-3930k and 16gb of DDR3 Mem, but I am upgrading when I can but still. Want to get the best out of my system, including that I am going into content creation and all that. I would like to have the best without it costing the ARM and the LEG to go to nivida.

The11rednazo

Commendable
May 3, 2016

I want to use 1080p but being able to go 1440p would be nice to have something a bit better on res, but I would like to value Hz a bit more sense being able to see them would be nice (in games like CSGO, Overwatch, etc)