Question Best display port 1.2 for 1080p 144hz?

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
I have a HP X25 monitor 1080p 144hz and I wanna get a good display port from Amazon. Best Buy Insigna is hard to tell if it's good. I had an ASUS VS284QE and it died on me the other day. Figured it was a horrible monitor. I do have the current display port but i have no idea if the cable is dead too. However I ended up using a 2K 4K display port from micro center and realized it was the wrong display port again. no DESCRIPTION shown! I was furious how bad my fps was and decided to use the HDMI that came with the case and it runs only 120hz. LAME! I need 144hz. What is a good gold plated display port that supports 1.2 for 1080p 144hz monitor? Help!

I have a HP X25 monitor 1080p 144hz and I wanna get a good display port from Amazon. Best Buy Insigna is hard to tell if it's good. I had an ASUS VS284QE and it died on me the other day. Figured it was a horrible monitor. I do have the current display port but i have no idea if the cable is dead too. However I ended up using a 2K 4K display port from micro center and realized it was the wrong display port again. no DESCRIPTION shown! I was furious how bad my fps was and decided to use the HDMI that came with the case and it runs only 120hz. LAME! I need 144hz. What is a good gold plated display port that supports 1.2 for 1080p 144hz monitor? Help!
You seem a bit confused on what types of DP cables exist and what the compatibility is like.

I suggest you read section 3.3 here, it explains the different cable certifications and has product recommendations already.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/post-20043087

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
You seem a bit confused on what types of DP cables exist and what the compatibility is like.

I suggest you read section 3.3 here, it explains the different cable certifications and has product recommendations already.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/post-20043087

I will have to upload a pic to make sure I got the right one from Micro Center. In the meantime is it normal for Display port to show on my monitor 143hz not 144hz? I rarely see that before. I wonder if it has something to do with my HP X25 monitor? Is this a round up error?

I will have to upload a pic to make sure I got the right one from Micro Center. In the meantime is it normal for Display port to show on my monitor 143hz not 144hz? I rarely see that before. I wonder if it has something to do with my HP X25 monitor? Is this a round up error?
It is just rounding. Refresh rate are not exact and may be up to ≈0.5 Hz lower depending on the monitor.

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
So this is normal then? Why does it show 60hz when I am at motherboard logo before entering bios? It shows my resolution at 60hz until I load into Windows 10 it shows 144hz? This normal or is it because I SET something in bios? I think it's the monitor. At least the rounding is normal since you said so. People have said it's normal. I had to be sure but I never seen bios show 60hz currently. I figured something was changed. I ain't concerned at all at the moment though. I worked hard rebuilding this contraption. You wouldn't believe the suffering I had to go through building this nonsense lol.