Question Best driver for fps on a gt 1030?

Jun 10, 2023
i have windows 7 and yes ik its old but its the best i can do for now since i need to wait 2 3 months for a new pc. i use a gt 1030 and if i do insatall the newest driver for it with w7 it dosent work properly and its fully bugged anyways i installed the 2nd newest driver and i did all this bcz i saw bad performance out of a game that worked perfectly fine all of a sudden. now it still lags and idk what to do

boju

Titan
Ambassador
System specs and the game you're playing?

Pretty much any machine running Win 7 can run 10. Can install 10 using your Win7 license too, so when you get your new pc try this first instead of buying another license.

Jun 10, 2023
System specs and the game you're playing?

Pretty much any machine running Win 7 can run 10. Can install 10 using your Win7 license too, so when you get your new pc try this first instead of buying another license.
Im afraid 10.will use more resources
Amd fx 6100
Gt 1030 asus gddr5
8gb ram
Old mobo with ddr3 ram
Im gonna upgrade soon but lately performance on games i play a lot like rocket league decreassed.. and im quite high rank there so yea.. also the game i was talking abt is genshin it just stutters so much rn

Jun 3, 2023
Im afraid 10.will use more resources
Amd fx 6100
Gt 1030 asus gddr5
8gb ram
Old mobo with ddr3 ram
Im gonna upgrade soon but lately performance on games i play a lot like rocket league decreassed.. and im quite high rank there so yea.. also the game i was talking abt is genshin it just stutters so much rn
Use tiny10 and run scripts by tweakhound to remove as many Windows Bloatware as possible. If you feel like an adventure, go and try linux with a lightweight desktop environment.

Jun 10, 2023
Use tiny10 and run scripts by tweakhound to remove as many Windows Bloatware as possible. If you feel like an adventure, go and try linux with a lightweight desktop environment.
U think using tiny10 would make my pc any better with the games ? Cuz if i upgrade at least make me not lose performance cuz if i do then i cant rlly go back

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
the latest driver for the GT 1030 GDDR5 is 466.27 from April 2021. But I think you need to be Windows 10 to be able to use this driver.

installed Windows 10 on my dinosaur lga 775 pc which only has 4 gb ddr3 ram. And honestly, it feels exactly the same as when the pc had Windows 7. Could still boot with Windows 7 if i wanted to, because it is located on another drive. Windows 10 is on an SSD, while Windows 7 is on HDD.

You can always go back if you clone or image the Windows 7 system before you go changing things.

The same driver revisions work well in Windows 10, but that complicates your ability to keep using older drivers unless you do some workarounds, plus then you'd probably want drivers optimized for DX12 as well. I will say that any of the pre-Vulkan drivers have pretty good DX11 performance and the last ones 456.71 + 456.98 addressed some major security vulnerabilities, but you did specifically ask for the best fps.

If you installed the latest driver for 64-bit Windows 7 then you already had 466.27. But 391.35 from 5 years ago was the last for 32-bit Windows 7--I am assuming you were not using that one because it still has fine performance only with some rendering artifacts in some more recent games.

And yes, I agree Win 10 on SSD feels much the same as Win 7 on HDD