Best drivers for FX5900

I have heard that the 53.03 drivers are the most stable but I would like to
hear from you guys. I've been having trouble with the new 56.72. Someone at
PNY said that there were known problems with the new drivers and the 5900,
things like the card locking up the computer, game disappearing, etc. Any
comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

I've heard this and that about ALL of the versions.

There simply is no one answer. I still just keep updating to the most current version.

Success depends on:

System configuration
Other software and drivers installed
Applications you are using / especially at the same time as the software that seems unstable

I chase crashes all the time and the simple fact is, it could be a reaction with other drivers for
which there is no update available. It could be bad hardware. There's so many different possible
system configs out there it is nearly impossible at times to tell what causes what.

Experiment and find what works best for YOU.

Ask 10 people their opinions and you'll get 10 different answers at times. You'll be eleven
when you find what works for you. Just the way it is.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:28:15 -0700, "SnowdogJoe" <nospam@goaway.net> wrote:

>I have heard that the 53.03 drivers are the most stable but I would like to
>hear from you guys. I've been having trouble with the new 56.72. Someone at
>PNY said that there were known problems with the new drivers and the 5900,
>things like the card locking up the computer, game disappearing, etc. Any
>comments would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks

I'm using 56.64 drivers - rock solid. No need to update these as yet.