Best Drivers for GTX 980

ZeusGamer

Admirable
I know that the new drivers that are coming out of Nvidia right now are for the newer GPU's. I also think that they're nerfing the Maxwell GPU's as they come out with a new driver version (or am I just getting paranoid? Lol). Anyway, are you guys using an old GPU driver or you guys have the latest driver version?

Solution
LOL I doubt NVidia does that. Plus, it's useless as the new cards are already so much faster than maxwell it isn't even funny.

However there are always good drivers and bad drivers, it's a thing I've seen with both NVidia and AMD (from what other people report). But less so on NVidia for the most part.

However, I've been using GT and GTX graphics cards from nvidia for years now, and I haven't been plagued by a single bad driver.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
No that 980 won't be made obsolete by the next patch, you can take off that tinfoil hat.

Am I using an old driver? Why yes I am 362.00 is stable for me and works great. Why not go new? Because Destiny 364 update screwed my 2 monitor setup up.

LOL I doubt NVidia does that. Plus, it's useless as the new cards are already so much faster than maxwell it isn't even funny.

However there are always good drivers and bad drivers, it's a thing I've seen with both NVidia and AMD (from what other people report). But less so on NVidia for the most part.

However, I've been using GT and GTX graphics cards from nvidia for years now, and I haven't been plagued by a single bad driver.

Solution

Supermuncher85

Distinguished

Unless it sends your system into a reboot cycle and Nvidia quietly pulles those drivers all together from their website. So no going with the newest isn't always the best.

LOL. I've remembered a few times where NVidia has done that. Namely with the GTX 970 a year ago I think.