Best drivers for Radeon HD 6450

mrigank_2

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
I have a Radeon HD 6450, Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3.0 gb ram and i am using Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit SP1.
So can somebody tell me which are the best drivers for my computer.
Any answer is appreciated
And i am only a 14 year old boy so i dont have that much knowledge of computer only the basics.
by the way i am using ccc v15.7.1 and i am having many problems in my favourite old games like prototype 2, nfs the run etc.

Solution
Yes, I would first go back to the drivers that last worked best. The only reason to upgrade drivers is to fix an issue you have. You will not get a big increase in performance just by updating drivers, if that's why you did it. Your resolution is too much for a card like that. Can you try to lower it to the next lowest 16:9 resolution? Each game is likely to have it's own range of allowable resolutions, some will go lower than others. I would look into possibly editing a config file to enable lower resolutions if the game doesn't have one in the menu. If you don't know about editing config files forget I mentioned it.

mrigank_2

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016

i told before that it is not Compatible with Radeon HD 6450.

First, make sure you completely uninstall old drivers before installing new ones. Second, I would ignore being 'told' drivers are incompatible. Download and install them, then try them out. If they don't work, uninstall them. Only when YOU have tried them do you know if they'll work or not.

The AMD site says the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta 16.2.1 was their final release for legacy cards. After doing an uninstall of current drivers, I'd start there. I'd work my way back using the next oldest driver if that Crimson Edition doesn't work.

mrigank_2

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016

what are legacy cards and my problem with frame per second was not solved.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
this means these card will be not receiving any more support from amd for driver they are consider as end of life product also load the driver on your desktop then momentary disable your antivirus software sometimes they block the install of driver or other softwares .

Yeah a 'legacy' card is one that the company isn't going to support anymore. No new drivers, no new features, no support for a new OS. Bottomline, this card is not being used anymore as far as they are concerned.

I used to game on a 5450 and even at 1024x768 the framerate was low, a game like TF2 was not fun to play, HL2 was alright. The 6450 was more powerful but still not meant as a gaming card. The 6450 came out in 2011, this means even in games from 2011 this card was extremely slow. Prototype 2 came out in 2012.

I'd need more details to offer more help. What resolution are you running? What settings? Are you saying this card worked fine before and you are only having trouble now, or is this a card you just got and are trying to use?

mrigank_2

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016

my resolution is 1366*768.my settings were in default when i first played the game now it is in low settings and yes my graphics card worked fine before i updated my drivers before i dont know how much fps i was getting but i was able to play the game and finish it without the game ever slowing down but now in the main screen only i am getting 1-5 fps and i also tried 14.11 may be the modded version and it gave me 15-20 fps in gameplay.
so should i keep 14.11.

Yes, I would first go back to the drivers that last worked best. The only reason to upgrade drivers is to fix an issue you have. You will not get a big increase in performance just by updating drivers, if that's why you did it. Your resolution is too much for a card like that. Can you try to lower it to the next lowest 16:9 resolution? Each game is likely to have it's own range of allowable resolutions, some will go lower than others. I would look into possibly editing a config file to enable lower resolutions if the game doesn't have one in the menu. If you don't know about editing config files forget I mentioned it.

Solution