Best *EASY* Program to test for faulty CPU, GPU etc (stress test/troubleshoot) ??

Bwickland

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hey guys,

I am experiencing sudden reboots only during playing games, trying to figure out why, its really stressful.

I know to properly troubleshoot one of the first things I should do is rule out if its a heat issue or something faulty with some components, thing is I am sort of an idiot with that stuff.

I need a good solid recommendation of a program(s) I can easily run and check to see if my cpu,gpu,psu etc are not performing. And preferablly software that I couldnt harm my PC with.

Any links or safe places to download them from would be appreciated too. Thanks guys!

Heres my PC:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W

PC Power & Cooling Fatal1ty Gaming Series 1000 Watt 80+ Gold Semi-Modular Active PFC Performance

ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0

And just upgraded graphics to a
EVGA 1070

What I Know:
*Sudden restarts only happen during gaming. (Games played when restarts happened; twice on League of Legends, few times during Total War Warhammer, and several times playin Skyrim SE) All through Steam
*Each time it would happen temps for CPU and GPU seemed perfectly fine.
*No BSOD
*No other errors in event viewer only - Kernel Power 41.
*Running Windows 7 Prof
*I checked MOBO bios, it is OLD but didn't know if its worth updating or if that could be causing it - Plus it kind of freaks me out the install process to update BIOS on my MOBO

Solution
EVGA GTX1070 have a recently discovered problem with some parts that need added heat sinks for the ACX cooler versions.
EVGA will send you a kit for you to install yourself.
Or, they will replace the card. Get that fixed first some units have actually fried.
EVGA GTX1070 have a recently discovered problem with some parts that need added heat sinks for the ACX cooler versions.
EVGA will send you a kit for you to install yourself.
Or, they will replace the card. Get that fixed first some units have actually fried.

Solution

Bwickland

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Oh wow your kidding, Yea i have acx 3.0 version.

What do I do to get that taken care of?

TRENDING THREADS