Question Best encoding settings for dual pc?

Dec 2, 2020
I’m not sure if this is the right category to ask but I have 2 pc’s that I want to use to game and stream.
Gaming PC: i9-9900k, 2080, 32GB ram
Stream PC: i7-10700k, 2080s, 16GB ram

I’ve read that dual pc is best to utilize x264 but nvenc new on Turing cards is equivalent to x264 medium in obs. I’m not really sure which to use as both would be purely dedicated to encoding.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming that the streaming PC has 16GB's of ram, in spite of the other top tier parts since it has a higher frequency? If so, you might want to make the 10th Gen Intel platform the gaming machine. Yo can dial down the specs(hardware wise, not settings) for the streaming PC.

You might want to also state which app you use to stream your gameplay. OBS alone?

Dec 2, 2020
I'm assuming that the streaming PC has 16GB's of ram, in spite of the other top tier parts since it has a higher frequency? If so, you might want to make the 10th Gen Intel platform the gaming machine. Yo can dial down the specs(hardware wise, not settings) for the streaming PC.

You might want to also state which app you use to stream your gameplay. OBS alone?

The stream pc I won in a tournament so I just left it as is instead of swapping parts around. The gaming pc is my actual pc so that’s why it has more ram. The current setup I have is using gaming pc obs to project into stream pc capture card as like a second monitor. Then I use obs on stream pc to stream to twitch. There’s some fps drop on the gaming pc when I do that and I’m not sure why.
I use nvenc new right now on the stream pc because I’ve read it’s on par with x264 medium and it seems like that’s what the i7 would be capped at anyway. The 10th gen i7 and the i9 seem to be the same processor basically so I didn’t bother changing my gaming pc since I already had all my games on one. I’ve been playing around with 6k bitrate 1080p60 and 6k bitrate on 720p60 on twitch depending on the game. Games with less movement like league of legends I use 1080p