Best fan configuration and what fans to use.

Solution
front fans:

- Phanteks PH-F140TS / F140XP (=PWM variant)
- Noctua NF-A14 Flx / A14 PWM / P14s redux
...those are the best fans in terms of air/noise ratio

- BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 / 3
- Noiseblocker BlackSilent
...literally inaudible but push less air. however I know people using 3 SilentWings in their case only and temps are fine

- Corsair ML140
- Noctua NF-P14 Industrial
if you want a high performance fan. they're quiet until ~1000rpm but can go up to 3000rpm where they'll push tons of air but get noisy
front fans:

- Phanteks PH-F140TS / F140XP (=PWM variant)
- Noctua NF-A14 Flx / A14 PWM / P14s redux
...those are the best fans in terms of air/noise ratio

- BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 / 3
- Noiseblocker BlackSilent
...literally inaudible but push less air. however I know people using 3 SilentWings in their case only and temps are fine

- Corsair ML140
- Noctua NF-P14 Industrial
if you want a high performance fan. they're quiet until ~1000rpm but can go up to 3000rpm where they'll push tons of air but get noisy

Solution

peter1996

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Okay thanks, what is the difference between the pwm variant and normal variant.

the pwm has a 4-pin connector that is plugged into your mainboard and will be automatically controlled by it
for the 3-pin connectors it depends on your mainboard and it's utility to let you control the fan speed. otherwise it will run on full speed.
a 3-pin fan can be plugged in a 4pin controller and vice versa but of course plugging a 4-pin fan on a 3-pin controller will lose you the PWM signal to the fan.

personally I like 3-pin fans better as a modern quality mainboard will let you control fan speed just as good but they lack the noise some 4-pin fans make on low rpm