[SOLVED] Best fan curve for zotac rtx 2070 super

Wolf96xz

Prominent
Apr 23, 2020
Hey,

I am trying to find the best fan configuration for my zotac gtx 2070 super twin fan, because the default configuration does not seem enough to lower its temperatures. In fact, playing Battlefield 3 at 2k on high, it reaches temperatures of 75-77º, which worries me a little.

Therefore, I would like to find a configuration of the fans with afterburner that was balanced in terms of noise / temperature drop. Let's see if someone on this forum has the same graphics card model as me, and can give me a hand with this issue.

Thank you.

Solution
Modern GPUs will simply ramp up their clock speeds until it hits a thermal or voltage limit. Unless you tame its power consumption or maximum boost frequency, you will have to ramp up the fans if you want lower temperatures. However, your case fan setup also matters. If the case fans aren't able to circulate the air effectively through the case, it won't really matter how fast the video card's fans are spinning.

But as mentioned before, the temperatures reported are fine. GPUs have a max temperature rating of 100C.
Modern GPUs will simply ramp up their clock speeds until it hits a thermal or voltage limit. Unless you tame its power consumption or maximum boost frequency, you will have to ramp up the fans if you want lower temperatures. However, your case fan setup also matters. If the case fans aren't able to circulate the air effectively through the case, it won't really matter how fast the video card's fans are spinning.

But as mentioned before, the temperatures reported are fine. GPUs have a max temperature rating of 100C.

Solution

Wolf96xz

Prominent
Apr 23, 2020
He could but... It would be noisy a bit..

In fact, the fans with the default settings are already a little noisy in themselves. If I activate the custom curve that I put in the afterburner at the time, they make even more noise. So I don't know what compensates me more, if higher noise but better temperatures, or not to touch anything and keep letting it reach those temperatures, knowing that they are not dangerous for the useful life of the GPU.