Best fan placement Fractal R4

Scottzorus

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
With this setup, what would be the best fans to get and where to put them? Intake/exhaust? Really not sure how to setup the whole fan situation. The only fans I have right now are the ones that came with the case. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit)

Solution

i'm pretty sure the Fractal comes with two fans... both 140mm. one in front one on the back.

you can add 4 more 140mm fans. i'd add one on the bottom, one in front, both as intakes, and assuming you don't have any water rads, two exhaust on the top of the case. i wouldn't bother with putting a fan in the side intake, just leave it as is...

i'm pretty sure the Fractal comes with two fans... both 140mm. one in front one on the back.

you can add 4 more 140mm fans. i'd add one on the bottom, one in front, both as intakes, and assuming you don't have any water rads, two exhaust on the top of the case. i wouldn't bother with putting a fan in the side intake, just leave it as is...

Solution