[SOLVED] Best fan pressure for cooling

nitra93

Honorable
Apr 24, 2015
Hi guys,

Got a question.

I've got a kolink void mid tower case. Ryzen 5 3600, rtx 2070 (non super). I was wondering what the best layout for the fans would be. I currently have 3 intake at the front, 2 exhaust at the top and 1 exhaust at the back, so 3 intake and 3 exhaust. When gaming my 2070 can go up to 84c with no overclocking, I've seen people using the 2070 and it's under load in the 60s. I'm using a palit dual 2070, I know it isn't the best cooler but even at 100 percent fan speed it's at 80c+. Is there a different way I can layout my fans to maximize airflow and help bring the temps down a bit? Cheers for your help.

Solution
If I turned it around

If I turned it around so I had 4 intake would that work? It seems daft to have a spare fan mount with nothing in it.
Turning around a top fan would just suck in the air from the one beside it exhausting. Like a loop. It will go in and then just go out and vice versa. If you dont to remove it but keep it then what you could do yah is reverse to intake but lowers its RPM to like very very low if you can this way it just adds a small amount of air so that you arent just recycling the hit air but rather forcing the other 3 intakes to push down cool air as hot air rises.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hi guys,

Got a question.

I've got a kolink void mid tower case. Ryzen 5 3600, rtx 2070 (non super). I was wondering what the best layout for the fans would be. I currently have 3 intake at the front, 2 exhaust at the top and 1 exhaust at the back, so 3 intake and 3 exhaust. When gaming my 2070 can go up to 84c with no overclocking, I've seen people using the 2070 and it's under load in the 60s. I'm using a palit dual 2070, I know it isn't the best cooler but even at 100 percent fan speed it's at 80c+. Is there a different way I can layout my fans to maximize airflow and help bring the temps down a bit? Cheers for your help.
Remove one of your exhaust fans. Remove the Fan on the Right of the Top exhaust and go 3 intake and 2 exhaust. What you are doing right now is removing the cool air before your components can get it

Edit: what you have created is a neutral pressure, you want a positive pressure. that means more Intake and less exhaust.

Reactions: nitra93

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do the chassis airflow test:
-remove the front, side, and top panels
-do not remove any chassis fans
-set gpu fans to 100% like you did before
-test using the same application you did before

If there is over a 5C difference in gpu thermals, then your chassis is too restrictive.

Reactions: nitra93

nitra93

Honorable
Apr 24, 2015
Remove one of your exhaust fans. Remove the Fan on the Right of the Top exhaust and go 3 intake and 2 exhaust. What you are doing right now is removing the cool air before your components can get it

Edit: what you have created is a neutral pressure, you want a positive pressure. that means more Intake and less exhaust.
If I turned it around

If I turned it around so I had 4 intake would that work? It seems daft to have a spare fan mount with nothing in it.

Ferimer

Distinguished
If I turned it around

Turning around a top fan would just suck in the air from the one beside it exhausting. Like a loop. It will go in and then just go out and vice versa. If you dont to remove it but keep it then what you could do yah is reverse to intake but lowers its RPM to like very very low if you can this way it just adds a small amount of air so that you arent just recycling the hit air but rather forcing the other 3 intakes to push down cool air as hot air rises.

Solution