Best FM2+ CPU for Radeon RX 460 2GB?

Jul 19, 2018
So I just bought Radeon RX 460 and I know my cpu that I'm currently using will have a bottleneck, so I need a new cpu recommendation with socket fm2 or fm2+ :)

(current) pc spec:

Asrock FM2A68M-DG3+
A4-5300
8gb ddr3
RX 460 2GB

768p monitor
FSP Hexa+ II 500w psu

sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand.
thanks

Solution
Something like an Athlon X4 840/860/870/880K would be the best that motherboard can handle. These are all quad cores, slower quad cores but still quad cores. Games that can use quad cores even if they aren't particularly fast will be playable for you. Right now you have a dual core which is why a lot of stuff isn't really playable for you.

Considering you're pairing it with an entry level card, the RX 460, it might be worth it. Any game that is unplayable with that CPU will likely also need a better videocard too, so you shouldn't plan on playing games like that.

If your hope is to play newer games which are CPU demanding, then this upgrade is not worth it since those games still won't run well.
Something like an Athlon X4 840/860/870/880K would be the best that motherboard can handle. These are all quad cores, slower quad cores but still quad cores. Games that can use quad cores even if they aren't particularly fast will be playable for you. Right now you have a dual core which is why a lot of stuff isn't really playable for you.

Considering you're pairing it with an entry level card, the RX 460, it might be worth it. Any game that is unplayable with that CPU will likely also need a better videocard too, so you shouldn't plan on playing games like that.

If your hope is to play newer games which are CPU demanding, then this upgrade is not worth it since those games still won't run well.

Solution