Best Folder Protection Software?

Snowburden

Honorable
May 9, 2014
So I'm looking for specific folder protection software where you're able to protect folders with a password. There are many out there, but I'm looking for a specific one Such has Folder Guard. This software you are able to lock folders. And when you go to the folder it gives you a "unlock" button in the File Explorer. That's what I'm looking for. And that specific. Where I can unlock the folder from the File Explorer. Or a pop up window of sorts comes up when you click on the folder to unlock it.

All the dozens of software out there that I've found you just drag and drop, it locks the folder, and you have to go into the program to unlock it. Also most of the software out there the folder disappears.

Anyway, does anyone know of any similar software out there? That gives an unlock button, or you're able to type the password right then and there from the File Explorer instead of from within the software itself?

Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
The first thing to know is...what are you trying to protect, and from whom?

In increasing levels of 'protection':
Different user accounts in Windows or Linux
Folder encryption with something like VeraCrypt
Full disk encryption.
FDE + Never let the system out of your sight.

Most of those can be defeated with a baseball bat.

Snowburden

Honorable
May 9, 2014
No the main thing is so my roommates don't get into some folders and such. Private stuff. And am looking for similar programs to Folder Guard. I don't want to hide the folders and have to go inside a program to unlock them. I rather do what Folder Guard does and you see the folder and when you click on it, it says to unlock it (within File Explorer) and you input the password.

All I'm doing is trying to find the best program that does just that. Because we all know there are well written programs and poorly written ones. That's why I'm trying to find as much programs that do the above.