Question Best for Gaming and 3D Modeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddyrobins143

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
I am new to building PC's and my first build is going to be multi functional. What Graphics card should I get? Currently I am looking at either a RTX 2080 or a GTX 1080ti sc2. Which Graphics card (if either) would give me optimal performance in gaming and 3d modeling. I am not going for anything hardcore regarding the modeling, just hobby level stuff.

What resolution is your display going to be, and how MANY displays will there be?

What CPU are you going to be running?

How much system memory (RAM) will you have?

WHAT 3D modeling programs will you be inclined to run, if you even know yet?

What kinds of games will you typically be playing and what kind of quality settings and frame rates do you expect to be capable of?

freddyrobins143

Prominent
Dec 29, 2018
What resolution is your display going to be, and how MANY displays will there be?

What CPU are you going to be running?

How much system memory (RAM) will you have?

WHAT 3D modeling programs will you be inclined to run, if you even know yet?

What kinds of games will you typically be playing and what kind of quality settings and frame rates do you expect to be capable of?
This is my systembuild so far,
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2mGNmq

As for Monitor, most likely I will be going with just one. I dont know what program I will be using, but I want to be able to run games at 1440p at least at pretty good frame rates.

Seems you already have one thread for this question and related questions. You never even returned to that thread after I proposed a build there. I'm closing this thread as we vigorously moderate the idea of only one thread per topic. I'd be glad to continue helping you, on that other thread, with any further questions or even with revising the build if you wish to look at that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.