Best free antivirus software?

Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?

Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/newsinfo/collateral.aspx?CID=40387
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
_

WinterWind wrote:
> Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
> program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?

I've been using avast! for a couple of months, used to use eTrust but
they wouldn't honor their agreed upon renewal fee. Screw 'em,

So far, I like avast! better than eTrust. Easy to use, updates easily.
You would want the "Home Edition"

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

I am currently using the free version of AVAST and am very happy with it:

Are you viewing our group using a web browser? I noticed in your headers that you
are posting through WindowsForumz.com. Do you realise that they are simply sending
your posts to the Microsoft newsgroups, and you are unnecessarily using a middleman?

Visit us using a newsreader at:
to avoid the middleman - ADVERTISEMENT-FREE!

How to set up Outlook Express (OE) as a newsreader program to access the Microsoft
forums:
http://www.rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
> program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
>
> Thanks.

> Topic URL:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

Hello, I use AVG free edtion for Windows.http://www.grisoft.com
Take Care.
beamish.
"WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
> program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
>
> Thanks.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html

Blair

Blair Malcolm
"WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
> program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
>
> Thanks.

request
> Topic URL:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

I would recommend AVG from Grisoft
www.grisoft.com
Blair

I like this one that I am trying at the moment:
http://www.antivir-pe.de/en/

I tried Avast but did not like it.
--
mae

"WinterWind" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message news:3_1722391_dbb62d623462c826aec200a25e4873bb@windowsforumz.com...
| Do you guys know where I can download a free but good antivirus
| program for my Win98 that will protect my computer against viruses?
|
| Thanks.
|
| --
| Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
| Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
| Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-free-antivirus-software-ftopict545343.html
| Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1722391

TRENDING THREADS