Best game screen recorder for windows?

Thor159

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
I want to know that which is the best game screen recorder among:
Bandicam, Dxtory, OBS studio, D3DGear, Xsplit game caster and Fraps
(Except shadow play and Action)
I want to record CS GO gameplay. I want a better recorded video without lag both in game and in its video.
And size of video must be low. And the quality is OK.
Please suggest me a software.

What's your computer hardware?
If you have a modern nvidia GPU or Intel CPU, there are alternative options that reduce the load on your system when recording gameplay.

did you even try to see if you had the right settings for the screen recorders? they need to be setup right to work, it's not a simple drop down menu and it works thing.

lakimens

Honorable
Fraps doesn't compress the files, so you don't want that.
A 720p 45 minute recording of DOTA 2 came out at 100GB.
Shadowplay or Crimson ReLive is your best bet.
I've used Loilo game recorder and it's nice.
I think XSplit is good, not sure though. I've seen it used by popular streamers.
OBS is also used by a lot of popular streamers.

Thor159

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

My specs are:-

Intel pentium G2030 3.00 GHz (Ivy Bridge)
4 GB RAM
GTX 750Ti
GIGABYTE H61M-S Motherboard
500 GB HDD
1360x768 monitor

Please suggest me a good game screen recorder which records video without lag both in game and in its video.

lakimens

Honorable
With a dual-core non-hyperthreaded chip, your chances of recording without lag are slim. Most games themselves will use 100% of your CPU.
Your only option here is ShadowPlay, it uses almost 0% CPU.
Other than that,
Fraps doesn't compress the files, so it should use less CPU.

Your computer is only barely enough to play games well, it really doesn't have the extra power needed to record gameplay, regardless of program you use.
Only having 1 hard drive will pretty much cause lag/stuttering in any videos you record, even if you use shadowplay, which is basically your only option.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Thor159 : "Suggest a game screen recorder for my system:"

Thor159

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion but dxtory is quite confusing. Can you please help me configuring dxtory correctly. For better quality output.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Look for Shadowplay. This is what I use with my Nvidia card and it uses almost 0% cpu or graphic cards power to live encode and even live stream (!) by just tapping one or 2 keys. Thats all. All games, and if you want in all Windows outside of games too.

Mar 4, 2019
I have a low-end PC and I have tried different recording software for recording different games. The two software which I think are the best are:-

1. FBX Game Recorder
  2. OBS - Open Broadcast Software

- FBX Game Recorder

FBX is great software by BB Software Inc and the best thing is that it is completely free. It is very simple and easy to use unlike the OBS which a little bit complicated.

FBX recorded my games smoothly on 20fps and the quality is great. FBX is specially made for games and once you press Ctrl + F12 it shows floating small banner which shows the game is recording.

- OBS - Open Broadcast Software

OBS is a multi-purpose video software which is used for live streams and screen recording. This software is also completely free

when I was using OBS I had to optimize many settings in it for recording because the video was lagging and quality was not good. But in the end it worked well. I was also having a problem of black screen in OBS game capture mode so because of that I switched to window capture mode.

Conclusion
I wish I could show you a demo video but I deleted my youtube gaming channel. I think you should give it a try to both of the software. Both have the options to record the games up to 60fps in high quality and both are completely free. :D

My specs are:
Processor: Core 2 Quad 2.67 Ghz
RAM: 6GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
Sata HDD: 150 GB