Best Gaming Chairs

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't know... the first 3 look oddly similar... if only I could see inside all three of them, as that would be what separates them all... maybe.

They're probably fine if you don't already have back problems.

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
This is laughable... #1, 2, and 3 are all "racing chair" styles, there is virtually no difference between them. If given a grade of A-F (A being the best), even the very best "racing chair" style is at most a C-grade!

Cost aside, the Logitech (Herman Miller) chair is by far the best "Gaming Chair" you can buy, and if you want to save a few $$$, you can get the actual Herman Miller chair (not logitech), its the same thing without the flashy colors, but is this a "Gaming Chair" still?

Reactions: MoxNix and Frank45B

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
We rank the best gaming chairs in 2021, including budget seats and big and tall thrones.

Best Gaming Chairs 2021 : Read more
This is laughable... #1, 2, and 3 are all "racing chair" styles, there is virtually no difference between them. If given a grade of A-F (A being the best), even the very best "racing chair" style is at most a C-grade!

Cost aside, the Logitech (Herman Miller) chair is by far the best "Gaming Chair" you can buy, and if you want to save a few $$$, you can get the actual Herman Miller chair (not logitech), its the same thing without the flashy colors, but is this a "Gaming Chair" still?
I see. So you lump them all in one category, give them one average grade, and then promote yours. One manufacturer on the list "Secret Labs" makes superlative chairs. Period. Their products consistently receive positive reviews from numerous professional reviewing sites. It would behoove you to read or try one.

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Secret Lab's Omega is designed for smaller frames and weights. I am tall, 6'0", weight 200lbs. I tried the Omega first, it was far too cramped for me. Their Titan model is designed for larger frames and it's excellent as well.

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
Faux leather peels and makes the chair unusable, sometimes in as little as a year of use. You see this on headphones as well. It's not fixable either.
As well as that, faux leather is horrible in warm or hot weather, especially if it is humid. It gets very sweaty and you'll stick to it if you wear shorts in hot weather. Added to the poor durability, good reasons to avoid it like the plague.

Reactions: Frank45B

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
Herman Miller (HM) chairs also come with a 12 year warranty and good spare parts availability. HM chairs will still be sound years after a cheaper "gaming" chair has been replaced, probably more than once. BTW, I have an HM Aeron.

C.wolf

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
IMHO, if you want a great chair then go with one of the better Office chairs made by Steelcase, Hon, Herman Miller, and a few others.
I did and I'll never look back.

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
yeah like previous posters have said, the best gaming/task sitting all day chair is the Aeron, easy to find used all over and it will last forever and you will not have back pain or a sweaty rear lol

tiggers97

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
Actually, the best "gaming chairs" are not marketed as gaming chairs. Gaming chairs are almost always
  1. Built as cheaply as possible. Seat cushions generally lasting less than 6 months before you start feeling the frame of the chair everyday.
  2. Add "gamerz" artwork and splashy colors to make it look... gamer.
  3. Cost more than they need to for the quality, durability and features.

save yourself some money. Just go to a good office supply store (or review website) and look for a good solid office chair. Your back/butt/posture will thank you. As well as your wallet. And if you really want the flashing exterior, just get a slip cover, stickers and/or battery powered LED Christmas lights. And it will still be cheaper for a better chair.

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Are gaming chairs really worth it? I just think it just a luxury that you spent on when you have some extra cash to spare. Kindly, enlighten me I am mistaken.
They aren’t a luxury cause they actually are garbage chairs compared to most office/task chairs. They are snake oil more than anything.

Reactions: MoxNix

Makaveli

Splendid
Faux leather peels and makes the chair unusable, sometimes in as little as a year of use. You see this on headphones as well. It's not fixable either.

This I bought a real office leather chair for computer use about 15 years ago and I still have it doesn't peel just some stitching starting to come out after so long. I'm looking to replace it and it seems I have to go 100% leather again all of these gaming chairs don't look like they will last 5+ years.

Reactions: ThatMouse

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Would LOVE to see a review/roundup that actually includes chairs that don't all look the same. Like others have said include some of the better apportioned office chairs. Gods knows they have more comfortable arms than those racing chairs have and they even have some padding on them, granted you can't move them in any direction as they are fixed in place. But how often do you really move the arms of your racing chair once you have them where you want them. I use an office chair that had bonded leather and it now needs replacing after 7 years mostly due to my cat deciding he wanted to sit in it and sink his claws in it. It was a whopping $149 at an office supply store(which had a floor model I was able to sit in to try it our for size and comfort). You can even get office chairs that have the adjustable lumbar support, that tip back almost horizontal (and some even have a foot rest that moves out for when you lean back that far). Most of them also fall into the $149 - $299 range. That is my 6 cents worth(inflation accounted for).

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Would LOVE to see a review/roundup that actually includes chairs that don't all look the same. Like others have said include some of the better apportioned office chairs. Gods knows they have more comfortable arms than those racing chairs have and they even have some padding on them, granted you can't move them in any direction as they are fixed in place. But how often do you really move the arms of your racing chair once you have them where you want them. I use an office chair that had bonded leather and it now needs replacing after 7 years mostly due to my cat deciding he wanted to sit in it and sink his claws in it. It was a whopping $149 at an office supply store(which had a floor model I was able to sit in to try it our for size and comfort). You can even get office chairs that have the adjustable lumbar support, that tip back almost horizontal (and some even have a foot rest that moves out for when you lean back that far). Most of them also fall into the $149 - $299 range. That is my 6 cents worth(inflation accounted for).
You can get a used Aeron for under 500 easy and it will prob last you 15 years and nothing really beats them for long term sitting

Mwalimu Nyoka

Commendable
Feb 3, 2020
This is just bad. Gaming chairs are a joke. Anyone who is serious about sitting for hours at a time in a chair comfortably should buy a herman miller or Steel case office chair. Even their cheaper models are head and shoulders better than "gaming chairs".

Reactions: MoxNix

PadainFain

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
None of the chairs on the list are remotely good for sitting in for extended periods. 'Racing' style chairs are derived from car seats which provide an entirely inappropriate level of anti-lateral movement, are overpriced plastic, misleadingly labelled as 'PU Leather' or quite often 'Genuine PU Leather'.

The oft mentioned Herman Miller chairs are one of the few regular chairs you can buy which are suitable for extended periods of use - Logitech branded or not. However even better options are Active Sitting chairs that engage your core muscles by not letting you slump in your seat. There are many different styles and prices so find a store that stocks a range and try them out. Your back will love you for it in twenty years time.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I purchased the Secret Labs 2022 Titan and I love it....;) It's very comfortable, and I can game for hours or just browse with no backaches or other problems. Ingenious design. Love it. Would buy it again.

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
I ended up buying a Dowinx model 6689, the chair is actually very comfortable. the padding is firm when you sit down in it but after a few minutes it starts to conform to your legs and seat. It reclines and the armrests are hinged so they move back with the back of the chair. The armrests are padded as well so they are comfortable not that stupid hard plastic. The chair reclines to almost horizontal. It also has the rocking feature. It also has a slide out/flip out foot rest. I have used it with the footrest both in and out while gaming. I play MMORPG's so I am sitting for hours at a time especially for raids. The chair has remained comfortable for the entire gaming session. I even just sit in it and recline to read a book. And yes I have fallen asleep in it while reading. The back lumbar pillow can be moved to to whatever position is comfortable or left out completely I have tried both ways. For me the neck pillow, which can also be adjusted a little or left off, hits me just right to support my neck when I lean back. Overall it is a comfortable chair for someone of average height. In my opinion if you are over 6' it may start to feel a little short under your legs but for my height of 5'9" it is just right. I have owned it and been using it daily for over a month and for hours at a time every day.

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
However even better options are Active Sitting chairs that engage your core muscles by not letting you slump in your seat. There are many different styles and prices so find a store that stocks a range and try them out. Your back will love you for it in twenty years time.
The best chair, is a good quality chair that suits YOU. I won't be replacing my Herman Miller Aeron until it falls apart. It still has a little over eight years left on the warrantee.

MoxNix

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014

Yup the only 2 good chairs in this whole list are the Logitch (made by Herman Miller) and the X-Chair. The rest are all overpriced junk you're be far better off with a good office chair from Steelcase or Herman Miller.

It's similar to how putting putting racing stripes on a piece of junk car doesn't make it go fast. Just because they call it a gaming chair doesn't make it good for gaming (or even just sitting in period).