Best gaming cpu

MarsISfuture

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
I am going to build a high end gaming pc two 1080 tis.and I was wondering what cpu would be the best for them
I am thinking a 7700k overclocked to 5ghz is that enough ?

Solution
7700k is golden. Make sure you have serious cooling and overclock it for Max performance. Make sure you get the ultra high bandwidth SLI bridge for your GPUs for running that triple display. And since you say you're going all out might as well make sure the monitors support DP Daisy chaining.

kookie3010

Honorable
thats like super overkill:D unless u are gaming on super high res screen.for me however that i7 should be enough even without an overclock as it have multiple cores and threads and a good clock/turbo boost speed.pretty sure you wont run into any bottleneck in games.i use to run two gtx 980 with an i7-4770k and its work well even without oc.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
7700k is golden. Make sure you have serious cooling and overclock it for Max performance. Make sure you get the ultra high bandwidth SLI bridge for your GPUs for running that triple display. And since you say you're going all out might as well make sure the monitors support DP Daisy chaining.

Solution

kookie3010

Honorable

ah i see.if u are running triple monitors then by all mean.and as mention its best to opt for the ultra high bandwidth bridge.