Question Best gaming/creative laptop under $2,600

GWX

Jan 1, 2020
I’m looking to buy a laptop under $2,600 for gaming and productivity/creative (Premiere, Photoshop, DaVinci, Ableton and such)

Looking to have an 8 core processor, doesn’t matter which company. RTX 2070 (non Max-Q) at the VERY least. Prefer to have a 2070 Super (maybe Max-Q) or better. And finally, I would like to be somewhere around 240hz, maybe 300 since I know some laptops have that within my budget. I don’t care if not all games will reach that since I’ll be using the computer more for production anyways.

I’ve also been looking hard at the Razer Blade 15 Advanced with the 10875h, 2070 Super and 300hz so if anyone has thoughts on that I’d love to hear!

Thanks!

I would advise against spending that much on a laptop, much more cost for the speed vs a desktop, higher chance of failure and if one part breaks often the whole system is junked, no ability to upgrade past RAM and the drive. Unless your job takes you traveling a lot and you need this speed with you always, I'd spend half that budget on a desktop and half (or less) on a laptop. www.xoticpc.com has a very good gaming laptop selector.

There is a good % of gaming laptops that have motherboard failures in a year, two years, and that is usually death toll since most cases the motherboard is many hundreds to replace out of warranty.

GWX

Jan 1, 2020
I would advise against spending that much on a laptop, much more cost for the speed vs a desktop, higher chance of failure and if one part breaks often the whole system is junked, no ability to upgrade past RAM and the drive. Unless your job takes you traveling a lot and you need this speed with you always, I'd spend half that budget on a desktop and half (or less) on a laptop. www.xoticpc.com has a very good gaming laptop selector.

There is a good % of gaming laptops that have motherboard failures in a year, two years, and that is usually death toll since most cases the motherboard is many hundreds to replace out of warranty.
I understand that. The main use is for traveling/specifically going to one building every week and not wanting to haul my desktop there every week.

I can get warranties and such, I just need a good laptop for creative applications.

I understand that. The main use is for traveling/specifically going to one building every week and not wanting to haul my desktop there every week.

I can get warranties and such, I just need a good laptop for creative applications.

Then pretty much any system at the site I linked would be good. I check their systems often and have not seen any clear losers there for reliability or systems with wise issues. They also offer some nice options like custom thermal paste, screen checking or system burn in, can pick what ram/drive you want, etc...

One thing I strongly recommend is don't go for thin/small sizes in powerful systems, larger and uglier will have better cooling, have less fan noise and is more likely to last longer. If you are worried about having an extra few pounds to carry, buy a larger laptop and then some weights to train with ;)

TRENDING THREADS