Best Gaming Headphones (Not headset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jthall5105

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I have been looking to upgrade my sound quality for my gaming. I have been doing some research and found that I need to look for headphones and not a gaming headset which is fine because I was going to buy a standalone mic anyways. After my research I picked what I think will work for what I want. I am thinking about the sennheiser hd598s and the getting the Schiit stack (modi and magni) dac/amp to help improve the quality of the sound. I am open to suggestions but don't want to pay much more than $200 for the headphones themselves. I am basically going to use it for gaming (mainly FPS games, CSGO to be specific) and then music. And I am not looking for a headset that comes with a mic just the headphones themselves. Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
I own the Sennheiser HD598 and the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250. I love them both, but ultimately my girlfriend gets the Senns and I get the 990. Both are open and sound amazing, but I find the bass to be a lot more dynamic with the 990s. Also if you get a DAC with amplification, you can't beat the difference between amplified and non-amplified headphones.

Hope that helps!

deezyboa

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Sennheiser HD 598. I have these myself, and have owned many other headphones, and I can say that they are by far the best I've ever used. Also check out the Audio Technica ATH-M50x. I've never tried them on but I've seen countless amounts of reviews all saying it's definitely one of the best headphones ever.

dualcoreduron

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
I own the Sennheiser HD598 and the Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250. I love them both, but ultimately my girlfriend gets the Senns and I get the 990. Both are open and sound amazing, but I find the bass to be a lot more dynamic with the 990s. Also if you get a DAC with amplification, you can't beat the difference between amplified and non-amplified headphones.

Hope that helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.