[SOLVED] Best gaming headset for around 200 USD?

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
My current headset (a Logitech G433) is starting to fail after around 4 years of use, so I believe it's time for an upgrade.
I was thinking on something like the Steelseries Arctis Pro (Wired) or a Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE (Wireless).

The things i'm looking the most for are:
  • Great audio quality
  • Decent/good mic (if possible removable/retractable/foldable).
  • Subtle aesthetics (nothing too bulky, that's the reason I liked the Arctis or Virtuoso).
  • To be durable, since headsets fail quite often, I would like to have them for a while.
I don't really care if they're wireless or wired, as long as they have the previous characteristics it's fine.

Hope you can help me out with this one! Thanks for your time.

Solution
I'm old school so I prefer wired headsets over wireless. As for headsets with good quality mics, you can pick up pretty much any headset out there but the mic tends to be hit or miss. You could just pick a standalone pair of headphones and strap an Antlion mod mic to the headset but that would mean an additional wire to manage(snag to things and also add a little weight). I would've suggested the Black Shark from Razer's but with their track record on QC's and that their peripherals fail just before or after your warranty period expires is what's preventing me from suggesting so.

Preferred site for purchase? A side note, wireless headsets have all their audio processing happening off the base station while the audio processing on a...

Lutfij

Titan
I'm old school so I prefer wired headsets over wireless. As for headsets with good quality mics, you can pick up pretty much any headset out there but the mic tends to be hit or miss. You could just pick a standalone pair of headphones and strap an Antlion mod mic to the headset but that would mean an additional wire to manage(snag to things and also add a little weight). I would've suggested the Black Shark from Razer's but with their track record on QC's and that their peripherals fail just before or after your warranty period expires is what's preventing me from suggesting so.

Preferred site for purchase? A side note, wireless headsets have all their audio processing happening off the base station while the audio processing on a wired headset will happen courtesy of the sound card(onboard or discrete). Speaking of sound cards, what sound card are you working with?

Solution

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014

Preferred site for purchase? A side note, wireless headsets have all their audio processing happening off the base station while the audio processing on a wired headset will happen courtesy of the sound card(onboard or discrete). Speaking of sound cards, what sound card are you working with?

Thanks for your answer. I also considered getting a good pair of headphones and stick a mic onto them, but I really just prefer getting a headset.
I am currently living in Mexico, so most tech stores don't have a variety of headsets, plus they're absurdly expensive, so Amazon may be my choice (even US amazon if they ship to Mexico), also family will be traveling to the US next week so I can purchase them online and ship to them.
Also, I currently don't rock discrete sound card, since my current headset has an amp, but my MoBo is an Asus X470-F Strix which is supposed to have decent onboard sound.

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah the onboard should be miles better than all the other onboard audio solutions we'd get a few years ago. You should be good to go with either, IMHO. Roccat, Cougar, SteelSeries, Astro(which is part of Logitech) or HyperX are other brands you can look into.