best gaming headset under $30

Solution
A 'good' headset for your budget if you're willing to move up to $50 would be the Steelseries Siberia V2. It's a relatively reputable brand, or at least one that I've heard of and is generally popular among some people. It has a pull-out microphone and I'm guessing would be quite comfortable to wear, as it has the same kind of headband as my old wireless AKGs.

Icaraeus

Honorable
Get a Sennheiser RS HDR 180 - you can find them online for about $200-250. Only thing that it misses is a microphone which I'm guessing is what you want. However, let me tell you that by buying something that cheap you are buying a headset that has mediocre sound quality, isn't likely very comfortable beyond a couple of hours and has an average microphone attached. A proper set of headphones without any microphone at all would be significantly better quality and you can find some good ones in the $100 range.

G

i understand your point, however when im willing to spend that much when ill take that into consideration lol

Icaraeus

Honorable
A 'good' headset for your budget if you're willing to move up to $50 would be the Steelseries Siberia V2. It's a relatively reputable brand, or at least one that I've heard of and is generally popular among some people. It has a pull-out microphone and I'm guessing would be quite comfortable to wear, as it has the same kind of headband as my old wireless AKGs.

Solution

HipHipMurray

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I know this is way late, but this is for those who are searching for the same thing, like me.

I don't think that at this price point (or any, for that matter), you can get a good "gaming" headset. Done. End of story.

But what there are lots of is normal headsets that will perform just fine for everything you want, and will be cheaper at an equal or higher quality than similar-priced "gaming" headsets.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UXZQ42/ref=as_at?tag=mak041-20&linkCode=as2&

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001J30FZM/ref=as_at?tag=mak041-20&linkCode=as2&

There's a lot out there, and if you want a good mic+decent sound, the Logitech H110 paired with a decent pair of earbuds would do the trick.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY