Best gaming headset

kratos401

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Im looking for the best gaming headset in the 100-200 dollar price range. i currently use a steelseries 5h v2 headset with a creative fat4lity progamer card. I love it but its starting to fail to the point i only get sound in one ear, not what i want at all. i am open to any headset with a mic on it.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
i'm looking for a new gaming headset, because i don't have one :p
i'm not looking at the pricerange of the former poster

20-50 euro's

can somebody help me out? logitech to go?

razor117

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
After some extensive research I recently picked up the Creative FATAL1TY 3.5mm gold-plated Circumaural Gaming Headset for about $40. The clarity of the sound reproduction is amazing and the mic is very clear. Honestly, you could spend more then that, but then you get into the “5.1” simulating headsets category that according to all the reviews I read, still haven’t been perfected yet. So, my opinion, go with the Creative FATAL1TY set. The mic even detaches when you just what to listen to music or play games offline. Hope this helps.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
lol

i forgot i had this tread

i also picked up the creative fatality or what ever word they use. i like it!! only that mic tickles into my beard :p

oke, thanks!! i love my new headset

39 euro's and big earshelves!!

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
It is hard to find a good pair in the $30 range. The creative set sounds like a good deal though. I have been through a lot of headphones in the past year partly because I am not happy with some and partly because my cat chews through the cables :fou:

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I can recommend one to that you SHOULDN'T buy - Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming 5.1 Headset.

Pro's

- Crystal clear sound
- Faint noises in the background are a lot clearer for example if you play COD4 and there's grenades and guns going off all around you, you can hear if someone is tip-toeing behind you.

Cons

- After about 30mins of use they become, hot, heavy and uncomfortable
- The mic barely works
- Build quality is poor (the detachable mic kept falling out the hole and one of the speakers died after a few weeks)
- Bass is virtually non existent
- I couldn't get 5.1 surround sound to work properly, there was always a channel missing.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I got the Razor Carcharias about a month ago and so far I really like them. They have a really crisp high end and a nice soft and rich low end without the mid-range muffling that drives me nuts. The mic is built in but flips up out of your way if you aren't using it. The mic audio quality seems decent but I don't pay too much attention to it since it is just for gaming.

Surprised the Barracudas don't seem all that great for how much they are. No bass? I see the response starts at 50 Hz for the Barracudas where the Carcharias start at 20 Hz. Weird, would have thought they would have the same specs.

Migliores

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
from what i have seen a lot of people use the same 5h v2's but with the usb 7.1

and for $40 i would have to agree i dont really think you could go wrong with the fatal1ty

Migliores

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Indeed, my roommate has the sennheiser pc161's
you can wear those things all day very good sound
he plays css and 1.6 competitively online and at lans
i havent used them personally but he is happy with them i know that

tidefan94

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I just got a new computer, and was planning on buying a headset.
I did some research and this is what I came up with:

kratos: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-350-Gaming-Headset/dp/B0012XFDWO/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1
since you have the money to burn this seems like an amazing pair

vochtige: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Open-Air-Binaural-Headset-Earcups/dp/B000O50V7I/ref=pd_cp_e_2?pf_rd_p=413863501&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NOR89Y&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1F6EP3T6DKVJNSJYHDYG
While these are at the top of your price range, they seem like they'd be worth the money

djc604

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008

I have the exact same ones, and I too play CSS. I can tell you, if you have them, they're quite solid, and nothing short of high quality.

aCi11i3s

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
dont buy Turtlebeach. I had a set of HPA2's that sounded great, but they broke too quick and the manufacturer basically didn't care.