Best Gaming Keyboards for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodroses

Distinguished
I'm actually kind of surprised not to see DAS, Ducky, Filco, Vortex, Topre, or other top rated brands that are usually listed on every other website.

I'm definitely grateful Razor isn't listed.

tyns78

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Surely this article must be a joke w/o the Kinesis Freestyle Edge (original or improved RGB version) on the list, or did they just not spot you a free sample? Wait, I found your review of the original: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/kinesis-gaming-freestyle-edge-keyboard,35987.html

The new RGB version has the best wrist rests I've ever experience (the wrist pads for the original were not good). The lighting is cool and customizable. 10 macro keys on the left side and the programming is saved on the keyboard itself with multiple profiles that can be switched on the keyboard itself.

Jan 19, 2020
I'm actually kind of surprised not to see DAS, Ducky, Filco, Vortex, Topre, or other top rated brands that are usually listed on every other website.

I'm definitely grateful Razor isn't listed.

Typing on a Razor would be painful 🤕

Lord Tyrion

Prominent
Mar 27, 2020
Keyboard company CEO: "Sales are sluggish and margins are poor - what should we do? CTO: "I know, lets add some tacky lighting and call them GAMING keyboards - then we can mark them up by 300%".....

These are not gaming keyboards this is a gaming keyboard:
Imj6eme.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Prominent
Mar 27, 2020
I still have no idea why the SteelSeries Stealth Merc isn't made anywhere? There are all right standard keyboards.
The only 'real' gaming keyboard I have ever used. So happy that I bought some extra before they were discontinued just in case my current one dies... Sucks that they stopped making it - can't understand why sales weren't through the roof. Their current ones are just boring...

Mar 27, 2020
I love Tom's Hardware, I have been a reader for some 15 years now. I love the clear charts and comprehensive comparisons. But this time I am somewhat disappointed.
Input lag was not even mentioned in the entire article. This is often significant, even in "gaming" keyboards, and may be in fact the single biggest source of lag in a fast PC. Granted, it is notoriously difficult to measure properly - still, I'm sure brilliant folks at Tom's could have come up with a suitably precise rig.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812
Status
Not open for further replies.