Best gaming laptop suggestion strictly under US$ 2,000

rogermiller13

Commendable
Jan 11, 2019
Hi tech geniuses,

Hope you and your closed ones are keeping well amid this pandemic. As usual, I seek your kind. I would be grateful if you could recommend me a gaming laptop. I haveonly played offline RPG games until last year when I started playing the tactical fps online game Valorant. Thus, a gaming laptop with good specs is a matter of utmost importance. The reason why I am not buying a gaming pc is just because I have to change my housing often or else I would have chosen a pc without any hesitation. I am looking for a laptop which can provide the best-est specs (or maybe the config which perform the best, whichever serves the greater purpose). My budget is maximum 2000 US dollars for that or I could go just a 100 or 200 above that. If necessary, I am willing like to spend the highest unnder this budget but I would like to have the best laptop there is within this budget.

Thank you so much for your help and support in advanced everyone.

rogermiller13

Commendable
Jan 11, 2019
Greetings tech geniuses,

Last night. I made a post for seeking help to finding the best gaming laptop under US$ 2000. I got some help and did some good research myself. I have chosen some models like Gigabyte Aorus 15, MSI GP66 Leopard, MSI GP76 Leopard, MSI GE66 Raider, ASUS ROG G17 etc. I emphasized mainly on their 3070 max p inclusion. Something struck my mind looking at the prices...
So, is there a certain season of the year or occasions when gaming laptops are sold with a fine discount? I don't know much about the computer markets here in North America. Do they provide discounts for gaming laptops like these during Black Friday and Cyber Monday?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Beginning of the school year in the Fall there are some sales, but nothing worth waiting for typically.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday they are usually just clearing out products that didn't sell well. They will have occasional deals to get more expensive products out, but they will be older, typically. New products would not generally be on sale.

Best to pick out your products, and if you aren't buying immediately, track the price over time. If you see a low point, go for it, then never check again to avoid buyer's remorse.

Reactions: Phaaze88
So, is there a certain season of the year or occasions when gaming laptops are sold with a fine discount? I don't know much about the computer markets here in North America. Do they provide discounts for gaming laptops like these during Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Practically every US holiday is an excuse to have sale, as well as the August/September timeframe for back-to-school. While there could be good sales on Black Friday/Cyber Monday, as mentioned it's usually used an excuse to flush out old, unsold inventory. So if you're not picky, that's a good time to look at as well. However, deals tend to be for specific configurations, so some days a laptop that has a 3070 but 8GB of RAM and 512GB may go on sale, but then that same laptop with say 16GB of RAM goes on sale another day.

Also the best/worst time to buy is any time there's a new hardware refresh. Like this time around, January/February was one of those times because every gaming laptop was getting a Ryzen 5000 and an RTX 30 refresh, so this either meant good sales on the last gen or you can buy the next gen stuff for the same price. Since new stuff just launched, I wouldn't worry about it until for another 1.5 years.

My suggestion is to first figure out which laptops you want, then find websites that track sales on stuff, and hound them until something good crops up. Ars Technica has led me to some pretty good deals before. I've also looked at Kinja Deals from time to time.