Best Gaming Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
Do not buy ASUS! Even if you spend $2,000 on a laptop, you are treated like garbage and they won't fix your issue. I detailed my issues with them on this Reddit Post HERE. TL;DR - Sent laptop for repair twice, but nothing was actually done to fix the issue and they just keep requesting my laptop. Out of the 3 months I've owned this laptop, they have had it for close to 5 weeks

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
I think the amazon links for the Dell G7 15 are broken. When I click on the $800 link it takes me to a different laptop. When I searched on Amazon for the model it is roughly $1000 more expensive.

prisoner37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
no 17 inch? i bought an ASUS ROG many years ago, still use it, though i have to turn the video quality down on newer titles, but i will not use less than a 17 inch display

Reactions: kyzarvs
Jan 27, 2020
This is really a good example of why these Gaming Laptop reviews are somewhat worthless.

I owned 4 high end MSI gaming laptops over the years (each fully outfitted and costing over 4k). The first one worked great and at the time I thought they had awesome support (which is why I gave them so many chances). The other 3 were disasters and kept shutting off from overheating (no warning or nothing, just bam your laptop shuts off). They worked good for the first year but after that something happens and they just start degrading till they just start shutting down (at least one didn't even make it through the first year).

Nothing screws up PC components worse than overheating and overheating is always going to be an issue with a geared out desktop replacement or gaming laptop since they use desktop components (otherwise you get the bad laptop performance).

All MSI support did was tell me to send in the laptop, which I couldn't do most of the time since I needed it for work. However, I did send one in and started to see the same problem after a few months after its return. So either way you lose.

Of course these will review nice since they're brand new. But the real issue with these gaming laptops is how they handle overheating in the long term. 4k is way too much to spend on something that's only good for a year tops.

Really, considering how expensive these laptops are and the time they are around, it would be nice if a site like Tom's Hardware did do a year long test or something similar to see how it handled running for hours with the graphics being pushed and the fans going full blast, etc. Exactly the kind of usage you'd see playing games on your over-priced gaming laptop. I bet you'd see the findings of these reviews change big time.

Anyway, I learned my lesson, I'll never buy MSI again. If you don't want to spend a lot of money for a heavy door stop, I would suggest the same.

Reactions: Tom Sunday
Jan 22, 2020
Pricing is misleading. Many links take you to configurations not described in the posting. The MSI GE65 Raider link for Amazon doesn't even take you to a 2070 capable machine...

In the budget space, the new Walmart EVOO line blows Dell out of the water. I've purchased both the 15' 1660Ti model and the 17" 2060 model and have been very impressed so far with the value out of both of those units (easily surpassing Dell in that space).

Reactions: Ibuilder
Jun 1, 2020
Did an actual gamer write this list? Ive owned two Dell XPS/aliwnwares and their half-life is two years. ROG is dope, so are the MSI ads on the article. I would take my Razer blade stealth or my surface pro against any of these all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.